Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dallas

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Anyone been? Out on business trip next week and have 2 days to myself. Decided to stay in the down town area.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
y2dave said:
Anyone been? Out on business trip next week and have 2 days to myself. Decided to stay in the down town area.

Went there 23 years ago, my mate from Hove moved out there. Stayed in the Hilton on Central Expressway and was amazed to find a nearby bar run by a guy from Bognor. Only went there as the hotel bar was closed(Sunday). Check the licensing laws. Met Tony Dorsett a Cowboy's running back in that bar.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I worked on Fort Worth airport for about 3 months, but that was about 18 years ago. Not a bad place but have been to better places in the states. Seem to remember a reasonable choice of live music to go and see if you're that way inclined (I'm not counting C&W as music here !).

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Yes.. 3 times on holiday 1990, 1999, 2005... Great place. Stayed mainly in Fort Worth.

The Fort Worth Stockyards are a must on a day when they have live music.. and the BEST STEAK IN THE WORLD can be had at the Cattleman's Steakhouse

Get the DART train to downtown Fort Worth and get a bus to the Stockyards. Willie Nelson often just pops in to jam.. even if that's not your cup of tea it's really enjoyable

Last edited:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
no, but i've seen Debbie Does Dallas...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
chicken run said:
Yeah I went there a few years ago, stayed in plano but imho apart from the trip to the grassy knowl and southfork boring:nono:

Would agree with that, not a lot going on. Our highlights (from the early 90s) were deffo Southfork and taking a series of photos from the old Book Depository to the grassy knoll to later stick together to recreate JFK's route in panoramavision. Even had a mate posing behind the fence on the grassy knoll with a long stick so that if you looked closely at the photos you could just spot this shadowy 'gun toting' figure in the background!
:jester:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Jam The Man said:
Yes.. 3 times on holiday 1990, 1999, 2005... Great place. Stayed mainly in Fort Worth.

The Fort Worth Stockyards are a must on a day when they have live music.. and the BEST STEAK IN THE WORLD can be had at the Cattleman's Steakhouse

Get the DART train to downtown Fort Worth and get a bus to the Stockyards. Willie Nelson often just pops in to jam.. even if that's not your cup of tea it's really enjoyable
Ive got their bbq sauce mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
cattlemans that is

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
chicken run said:
Ive got their bbq sauce mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
cattlemans that is

Yeah can you still get that in winter.. can't find it anywhere at the mo...

Incredigull

In Cervesio Felicitas
Nov 28, 2003
Mile Oak
Dallas_wall_1024x768_B.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Re: Re: Dallas

whitelion said:
Met Tony Dorsett a Cowboy's running back in that bar.

Dorsett was one of the top players in his generation at the time, was around the time of Emet Smith or was it Thurman Thomas (can't remember which)

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
The steaks are incredible, not just at the stockyards but pretty much everywhere. Different flavour and texture to anything I've had over here, or elsewhere in the States, for that matter.

The JFK museum is very good too, but overall have to say that Dallas/Fort Worth is just another of those sprawling American cities which is 95pc suburbs with shopping malls every four blocks. Not as bad as LA, but getting there.

Loads of golf courses, though, if that's your thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here