Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cycling to the AMEX on matchdays.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
For those in the know, what is the route going to be like for cycling from Brighton or Lewes to the AMEX once all the road alterations etc are completed? (ie- is it going to be fairly safe-ish?) And any idea where the bike park will be at the stadium?

Many thanks.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Brighton isnt safe for pedestrians to walk because of the bikes and the riders tend to disregard one way streets and traffic lights so I shouldnt worry too much. Left to me they would have a communial bike park on West Pier for the cyclists of Brighton.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
From Brighton, you can use the cycle lane up to the Stanmer park turn off, then under the bridge that leads in to Falmer School. There is a cycle/pedestrian route straight up to the stadium from there.

I'll be cycling across the downs from Plumpton. Straight up Streat hill, through St Mary's Fm and on to Falmer. Will be great fun
in the winter with the mud and the dark. I might run a couple of pedestrians off the bridleway and if BensGrandad is about splash
him with mud.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That wont happen because I will either be on the train or in my car swearing at cyclists being the biggest danger on the roads. They think because they have a silly plastic hat on they are immune from accidents and can weave in and out of traffic as they please. That is a genralisation not every one of them.

Cuffs

Jan 29, 2010
Weaving and racing cars is fun especially when not wearing a helmet! BG if you cant beat us join us.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ignorant/Arrogant/Selfish people are the danger, not cyclists.

These ignorant, arrogant and/or selfish people can walk and ignore all signs and markings and walk in the cycle lane ignore red men and pedestrian crossing points and act as if they have sole right to be where they like; they can get on a bike and ignore red lights or road signs or pedestrians or cars, general road safety and act as if they have sole right to be where they like; they can get behind the wheel of a car and ignore red lights cyclists, speed limits, parking restraints, and act as if they have sole right to be where they like.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Brighton isnt safe for pedestrians to walk because of the bikes and the riders tend to disregard one way streets and traffic lights so I shouldnt worry too much. Left to me they would have a communial bike park on West Pier for the cyclists of Brighton.

I walk everywhere in Brighton and I have never been hit or nearly hit by a cyclist. I don't recall that happening to anyone I know, friends or colleagues. Maybe they are aiming for you.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

These ignorant, arrogant and/or selfish people can walk and ignore all signs and markings and walk in the cycle lane ignore red men and pedestrian crossing points and act as if they have sole right to be where they like; they can get on a bike and ignore red lights or road signs or pedestrians or cars, general road safety and act as if they have sole right to be where they like; they can get behind the wheel of a car and ignore red lights cyclists, speed limits, parking restraints, and act as if they have sole right to be where they like.

I would agree but I have found that this is most evident in cyclists who seem to consider that they are immune from laws etc and that people who drive cars and pay for that priveledge shouldnt be on the road.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I walk everywhere in Brighton and I have never been hit or nearly hit by a cyclist. I don't recall that happening to anyone I know, friends or colleagues.Maybe they are aiming for you.

Can you blame them, with his attitude!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Bollocks

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I have no problem with that, what I have the problem with is those that ride the wrong way up a one way street and a council that allows bikes on a PROMENADE. The word promenade means to walk.

It annoys me too; but it's soon to be made legal.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Just my point it should be either a bike lane or a pedestrian walkway not a choice and mixture of both.

First prize for ridiculous response. Anyway try being me (or any other person unable to walk) there are steps up to the walkway/cycle lane, so I can't get my wheelchair up there. Also not very clever for cyclists come to think about it.

I have no problem with that, what I have the problem with is those that ride the wrong way up a one way street and a council that allows bikes on a PROMENADE. The word promenade means to walk.

Quite agree. Cyclists are a law unto themselves. The track between Lewes and Falmer is for both those on foot and bike. If those on their bikes are careful then it should not cause problem. I'm planning to nip to Falmer over The Downs on Sunny days. Fresh air, great views and exercise.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010

I'm glad this has been raised. I live in Hove and whilst driving to my doctors last week they were riding 3 abreast in the middle of the road up The Drive and without looking rode straight over past the red lights at Old Shoreham Road, one cyclist narrowly missed. These same people were 2/3 weeks ago protesting to save the bike lane My real arse with them is not having lights on when the sun sets and if an accident was to happen it's that nasty car driver who did it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here