Jan 8, 2012
Saltdean
Not only compulsory wearing of helmets, also

Hi Viz Vests
Non wearing of i pods
Non use of mobile phones
Stopping at red lights
No cycling on pavements
Terrifying people walking on the under pass to the Brighton Marina.

Why cycle on the coast road between Rottingdean and the Marina when there is a perfectly good cycle track

I may sound like a killjoy, i am far from it.

I assume that a lot of cyclists must like hospital food..........stay safe

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It always amazes me how much cyclists complain how drivers risk cyclists safety yet so few wear helmets and hi-viz jackets. At least protect yourself first.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
cyclists need to have insurance too and they should be MADE to use cycle lanes. Mr and Mrs Smug with their Son and Daughter Smugo and Smarmy, who don't wear helmets, ride 4-abreast and take liberties with traffic, because hey, motorists won't touch them.

I'm this close <___> from installing a people catcher on my front bumper :lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I know someone who rarely uses lights on his bike, ignores one way and stop signs, red lights don't exist for him, on sunday he was done for going through a red light..... about time

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
They should be insured and pay road tax if using the highways...............and have wing mirrors on their helmets.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Compulsory mud guard on rear wheel. I'm fed up with cyclists displaying a dirty wet arse crack. It is unsightly and unhygienic.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
cyclists need to have insurance too and they should be MADE to use cycle lanes.

Pedestrians should be made to use the pavement and NOT the cycle lane, then we wouldn't have to use the pavement or road! Anyone ever tried riding along the cycle lane between King Alfred and Brighton Pier? Bloody nightmare.

how about dog walkers, if they can be called that when they use a car/van, that park by Hove Lawns and open their doors for the dog to jump out and hare it straight across the cycle lane?

How about drivers who park and open their door without looking in their mirror?

How about drivers that speed up, overtake you, then immediately slam their brakes on and turn left cutting you up?

Just evening out this thread and I have more if you need any..

rant over..

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The flip side of the argument, is motor vehicles should be fitted with some kind of device that lets people know which way they are turning. With today's technology I'm sure we could develop some form of light fitting that could flash on one side of a vehicle that let's other road uses know which way they are turning. Could be operated by a lever where you don't have to take your hand off the steering wheel so that it would take absolutely no effort to use. I'm sure everyone would use it if these were fitted.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
No such thing as road tax, it's vehicle excise duty and its based on pollution. Electric cars don't pay any either!

Nor do 25 year old smoke belchers .

Pleasingly my 1968 Chevrolet Camaro V8 Big Block is deemed non polluting. :smokin:

geodavies

Jan 8, 2012
Saltdean
Pedestrians should be made to use the pavement and NOT the cycle lane, then we wouldn't have to use the pavement or road! Anyone ever tried riding along the cycle lane between King Alfred and Brighton Pier? Bloody nightmare.

how about dog walkers, if they can be called that when they use a car/van, that park by Hove Lawns and open their doors for the dog to jump out and hare it straight across the cycle lane?

How about drivers that speed up, overtake you, then immediately slam their brakes on and turn left cutting you up?

rant over..

A lot of good points mate...................ever thought about slowing down a bit,

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011

Agreed. Bloody Nightmare. it should be separated by a fence or something, wire mesh, or a wall. Or, there should be a little pavement for peds, and the road widened then tarmacked over and painted red for cyclists. I'm sure that'd sort it?

Agree. You should just hit the fucker, and keep going. Bikes aren't as stable as cars like that, but it's that idiot's fault for letting the dog out. Alternatively, leash laws should be applied with more gusto.

Dangerous Driving. Report them to the OB? This could kill someone or do some serious damage. A lot of drivers think they and they alone own the road. It's not about you're a cyclist/ped/blahdeblah they just think the road is theirs. The sort of driver who notices you're doing 30 (including the 10% allowance) and will overtake you and cut you off because they 'own the road'. They need to be made to drive mobility scooters.

I was taught that when you overtake someone, keep the speed constant until you're safely clear of the other road user, and then indicate, and go back in. If there's a speed camera or it is unsafe, then don't overtake. Duh.

rant over..

the sad fact, [MENTION=19881]Birdie Boy[/MENTION], is that a lot of drivers think once they're through instruction, they can behave however the f*** they like. It pisses me off, too. You're not alone. I speak for both of us when I say Cyclists/Motorists and not all douchebags, it's just the quite a few that let both sides down.

D

Deleted member 22389

Not only compulsory wearing of helmets, also

Hi Viz Vests
Non wearing of i pods
Non use of mobile phones
Stopping at red lights
No cycling on pavements
Terrifying people walking on the under pass to the Brighton Marina.

Why cycle on the coast road between Rottingdean and the Marina when there is a perfectly good cycle track

I may sound like a killjoy, i am far from it.

I assume that a lot of cyclists must like hospital food..........stay safe

I have been cycling for years on the roads and I have not had a single accident caused by my own wrong doing. The wrong doing came from the car who got to close to me and clipped my handlebars even though I was as close to the curb as I could get.

And I all do all those above apart from the Hi Viza because I have powerful lights. I also drive a car so see both sides to it.

Try cycling on the undercliff pass in the Winter when it is blowing about 40mph with driving rain. Its safer on the top.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here