Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Curb your Enthusiasm

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Easily the best Comedy series to come out of America IMHO.

I first discovered it a few years ago, got the 6 season boxset, some of my fave episdodes deing Wandering bear, The Doll, Krazee Eyez Killa...

And Leon is just quality

The Seventh Season has just started according to wiki, can we get it over here or do we have to wait till the US has seen it?

what do all of u NSCer's think of Curb?

Living in the US, I did use to watch it regularly.

It's one of those comedy shows that never actually made me laugh, though I did see it as wry. Frustrating situations and a blithe rude person in them... :shrug:

I admit to liking Will and Grace, which is well gay, but The Drew Carey Show is an excellent sitcom. Craig Ferguson from that show also hosts a late night chat prog, which is pretty funny too.
You can find them on youtube too.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
and its got one one of the jolliest theme tunes ever

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/75Q1dmlPd80&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/75Q1dmlPd80&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
[/yt]

Living in the US, I did use to watch it regularly.

It's one of those comedy shows that never actually made me laugh, though I did see it as wry. Frustrating situations and a blithe rude person in them... :shrug:

I admit to liking Will and Grace, which is well gay, but The Drew Carey Show is an excellent sitcom. Craig Ferguson from that show also hosts a late night chat prog, which is pretty funny too.
You can find them on youtube too.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Absolutely magnificant programme. Brilliantly acted and improvised. I'm a massive, massive fan. I just wish I didn't find myself thinking "god, my life's like that" quite so often, especially when he's at his clumsiest. Genius.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
7th series started out here last Sunday on HBO - haven’t seen it before so watched the first episode. Caught my interest right away, will keep watching as it definitely look like a slow burner. Reminds me a bit of Basil Fawlty - blunders through life, despising most people he meets and oblivious of the social chaos he causes. Next Sunday looks good as he is reunited with the Seinfeld cast.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
7th series started out here last Sunday on HBO - haven’t seen it before so watched the first episode. Caught my interest right away, will keep watching as it definitely look like a slow burner. Reminds me a bit of Basil Fawlty - blunders through life, despising most people he meets and oblivious of the social chaos he causes. Next Sunday looks good as he is reunited with the Seinfeld cast.

And try getting the previous series's you cud prob find them on dvd cheap otherwise they usualy repeat them on some chanels

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I got season six box set in Asda for a tenner. I've now seen every episode of every season and it is by far the best written comedy of all time. Larry David is a hero for the modern generation. I love the way he questions everything we accept in our everyday lives.

I still struggle not to go into coffee shops and order "one of those vanilla bullshits".

Apparently season seven has the Seinfeld gang all back together for one episode.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I got season six box set in Asda for a tenner. I've now seen every episode of every season and it is by far the best written comedy of all time. Larry David is a hero for the modern generation. I love the way he questions everything we accept in our everyday lives.

I still struggle not to go into coffee shops and order "one of those vanilla bullshits".

Apparently season seven has the Seinfeld gang all back together for one episode.

A tenner!!! i paid £40 in the sale at HMV for mine and i thought that was a bargain!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
The Seventh Season has just started according to wiki, can we get it over here or do we have to wait till the US has seen it?

what do all of u NSCer's think of Curb?

love it and cheers for the heads up

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Curb is class, my favourite tv series ever! Picked up the box set several months ago (the one that has all 6 series). Gotta love the chemistry between Jeff Garlin and Larry David. 'You carwash ****!', classic. Looking forward to seeing series 7.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I love curb! One of my favourite shows, I struggle to find anyone else who likes it though, most people just dont seem to get it.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's a great show. enjoyably cringey when you can see him setting himself up for a fall.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Larry comes back from shooting a movie scene, to find his mum died and had a funeral while he was away :lolol:

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IqGN6aWKYUI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IqGN6aWKYUI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Great advice from JB Smooth :lolol:

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Ewr4BSTr8Q&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Ewr4BSTr8Q&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here