Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cullip Memories

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
1) The thumping header against the cheats to secure the championship.

2) Chester at home - his debut. We lost 2-3 to a side that got relegated and in the first half, Cullip had one of the worst halves of football played by an Albion defender that I have ever seen. He made Jamie Campbell look class. However, in the second half he was different player and never looked back.

3) Hoisting the playoff winner trophy aloft in front of 31,000 Albion fans. Yet another promotion secured. :cool:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Can't remember who it was against but when he shouted his "let's have a winner!" battle cry at a deafening volume right into the ear of the bloke he was marking - who unsurprisingly took umbrage. Then he promptly did it again. One of the funniest things I've seen on a pitch.

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Every game applauding the linesmen when they call an offside (and getting booking for it at least once) and the classic line
"LEEEEEEEEEEETS HAVE A WINNERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

:bowdown:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
How about him bringing in between £250,000 and £400,000 in revenue to the club, now that is memorable

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Header against Chesterfield in Win Championship,
Lifting of Playoff trophy,
Screaming at all the other players in the team

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
His numerous beratings of Robbie Pethick. I didn't see the infamous punch but I can recall many a shout of "get over here you c*nt!" breaking the Withdean silence.

Also remember his stunning strike against Rushden in the FA Cup. He let rip with an absolute pearler of a strike and just ran off laughing at the improbability of it.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The first time we did the deep free kick routine when Danny ambles forward into empty space in for Watto to plant it on his head - and him to knock it across for Bobby to score.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Earlier this season when he kept putting his hand on someones head, they took offence to this and started pushing him. The ref came over to tell them to stop it so Danny reaches out to shake his hand then puts the other hand on the blokes head again! Great comedy moment! :lolol:

And the bear hugs he gives to players he has just cut in half!

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Scarface said:
Earlier this season when he kept putting his hand on someones head, they took offence to this and started pushing him. The ref came over to tell them to stop it so Danny reaches out to shake his hand then puts the other hand on the blokes head again! Great comedy moment! :lolol:

That was Graham Barrett! Was just going to put that down.

Remember it was Dannys magnificent flick on to Virgo for THAT goal.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
his cheek, always giving his opponents a rub on the head, and always clapping the ref when he gives a free kick. shame shef utd have already played at withdean as cant see that many going to shef utd in jan.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Dick Knights Mum said:
The first time we did the deep free kick routine when Danny ambles forward into empty space in for Watto to plant it on his head - and him to knock it across for Bobby to score.

I used to LOVE those! We score loads from them!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The header against chesterfield will live long in the memory. And I remember your debut against Chester City no less.

We've come a long way together Danny. You deserve a crack at the 'big time'. Its a shame its not with us. We will miss you.

All the best.

:clap:

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
Danny Cullip is a legend and will live long in the memory. Every game whatever the score clapping the Albion fans home and away. You cannot replace quality like him, sheff united have got themselves a bargain and him and jagejelka will be amazing, good luck matey :clap2:

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
saafend_seagull said:
his cheek, always giving his opponents a rub on the head, and always clapping the ref when he gives a free kick. shame shef utd have already played at withdean as cant see that many going to shef utd in jan.
I think a fair few will go, Even if its just to see Danny again, maybe 1500, maybe more.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Danny Cullip is a legend for the ALbion and i was sad to see him go. I hope Sheffield go up because he deserves to play in the premiership.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Scarface said:

Absolutely spot on! The trick was that the second touch on the blokes head is always as the ref turn to walk away. My other fave moment was the bollocking of Pethick "switch on you dozy cxxt" at the Withdean.

I'm gutted and will always have total respect for Danny for the way he pointedly acknowledges the fans home or away.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
METALMICKY said:
Absolutely spot on! The trick was that the second touch on the blokes head is always as the ref turn to walk away. My other fave moment was the bollocking of Pethick "switch on you dozy cxxt" at the Withdean.

I'm gutted and will always have total respect for Danny for the way he pointedly acknowledges the fans home or away.

:lolol: totally agree he always makes time for the fans and always come over whatever game to give us a clap

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here