Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cuba....

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Anyone been?

I have just booked a 4 star all inclusive for two weeks in August??

I need information and what the weather is like that time of year??

Cheers

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
The Northstander said:

I need information and what the weather is like that time of year??

would'nt it of been better to look that up BEFORE you booked it? ??? :shootself

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
It was a last minute decision, we had a holiday booked for Tenerife but for certain reasons I cant go into we can no longer go there! Had to transfer to another resort.

;)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Girl at work has just come back from Cuba and she is browner than Emile Hesky's ring. Really loved it - cigars, scuba diving, cigars, white sandy beaches, cigars. And she bought us all back..
cigars!

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Are you going to one of the resort places? From what I have heard they are great but you hardly soak up the Cuban culture.

Make sure you get down to Havana - went there for 4 days about 5 years ago and loved it. Great people, great culture etc. But be prepared for being constantly asked whether you want either cigars, taxi or a prostitute ! Now if you find a cigar smoking taxi driving prostitute you have hit the jackpot !

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Palm Real Hotel in Varadero, Cuba

hotel2.jpg

VARintro.jpg

:cool: :clap2: :cool:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Yep ... went six years ago .... it is a wonderful, wonderful place .... try to get some time away from Havanah and get inland ... the villages and scenery is breathtaking .... and ALL the people we met were friendly and welcoming

Do take some malaria protection .... lot of flies and mosquitoes at this time of year

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Me and the missus need a holiday on our own Tenerife was with me parents! Sounded good idea at time of booking it (last year) but now it's got closer to time of departure we decided against it!

that's all it is....

Depens on your thing.

Resorts are like Camps. Cubans are not allowed in. Apart from the staff.

Do not expect western service.

But get out of the resorts and its great, expect things not to work too well but Cubans are chilled, relaxed, Havana great, spend time there. And hide your bloody wrist band.

Bring us back loads of cigars.

LC:lolol:

Jul 14, 2003
BN2
Cuba's great but as far as I can tell every all-in resort has its own escape committee. Make sure you get out on excursions, and spend as long as you can in Havana - posh bits and seedy bits, just for the experience.

For the time you spend in the resort, I hope you like rum. They seemed to put it in every drink while I was there. Now if they put it in the cooking, they might really be on a winner. (Their cuisine is bland to say the least. Take your own ketchup, Worcester and Hellmanns.)

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Yep Nortstander

Went there 18 months ago on a 2 week job. Actually stayed in the Palm Real for three nights. you wont be dissapointed with Cuba it was certainly for me, one of the best places that Ive been to. Varadero has quality beaches . Dont miss out on a trip to havana its only 3 hours away from Varadero by bus 10usd each way. And take plenty of low denomination us dollar bills.

have a great time - Youll love it

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
What about the weather?? I might be going in September, but the only thing worrying me, is the possibility of rain as its close to the rainy season.

Anyone been in September?

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Also would like to point out that during my time in Cuba . I stayed in about 5 All Inclusive places up and down the Island and the food in every place was above average. I spend about 5 months every year in all inclusive hotels throughout Europe and Cuban AI is far superior.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here