Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace deadline day

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Today's the final day - deadline set by the administrator - for bids to buy the potless south london club. Will anyone come forward with a bid? Mr Admin man sounds desperate and has admitted that CPFC will run out of cash at the end of the season unless they can find a buyer/buyers who can throw a serious amount of cash their way.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I've got three euro 60 left from my trip to Paris.

It's just I don't want to waste it.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I've got three euro 60 left from my trip to Paris.

It's just I don't want to waste it.

Mmmm. I did have just under £2 but I've just given that to my son for his school lunch - I could run up the road quickly and get it back?

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I've got about four quid but i'm rather hungry and need it for lunches... Sorry guys.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Today's the final day - deadline set by the administrator - for bids to buy the potless south london club. Will anyone come forward with a bid? Mr Admin man sounds desperate and has admitted that CPFC will run out of cash at the end of the season unless they can find a buyer/buyers who can throw a serious amount of cash their way.

We all know, that if someone does not come forward today they will extend the deadline as "they have interested parties". Some one will save them there is an old saying my grandma used to say " a fool and his money are easily parted" and god knows theres plenty of them in south London.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I expect the deadline will be put back again.

Agreed, can't believe that things are that bad. Despite their dubious fans the club have some potention, even if it's as our reserve team.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Somebody will bale them out-there appears to be potential owners for most clubs-no matter how much in debt they are. Ron Noades is rumoured to be sniffing around them again and he will want the deal that's best for Ron Noades which may not be the best deal for Alice.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Sensible, considering the £250 limit cash withdrawal from ATMs.

That's probably putting off a number of potential buyers.

I'm not sure they have bank accounts in Croydon. Don't they keep their cash under the mattress? Shouldn't be too hard to find, should it?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Was speaking to a mate who works up at Selhurst and he was saying that it's actually alot worse than people realise up there and that there's a real chance, unless someone comes in with a load of cash that they won't even start next season because they say that the administrators may be forced to leave Selhurst and groundshare with another club.

By all accounts and despite media stories, they've also had no interest from anyone interested in investing in Palace.

It's been mentioned that they're in a worse situation to Portsmouth because at least they'll get a parachute payment, whereas if Palace go down, then the entire squad would have to be put up for sale and would therefore be sold to pay those with outstanding debts which would leave Palace having to play first team scholars. What makes it worse is that the league will also be placing a transfer embargo, as they have done with Bournemouth.

The final irony in all of this will be the fact that neither Charlton or Millwall will want to groundshare with Palace, meaning that they would probably have to groundshare with Gillingham!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Dougie Freedman wanted to register as a player but the FL blocked it, yet Pompey get away with all sorts of shit.

What are Portsmouth getting away with that you're not? Genuine question.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They'll be taken over, hopefully by someone with not much money but who loves them and will keep them afloat, hopefully at the arse end of whatever division we are in for the next few years. I am looking forward to THUMPING them regularly.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'm not sure they have bank accounts in Croydon. Don't they keep their cash under the mattress? Shouldn't be too hard to find, should it?

Actually they tend to use staw which they then feed to their horses if they haven't got a car or a motor home.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Portsmouth can sign players and also got permission to sell them all outside of the transfer window.

We can't even register a member of staff as a player.

Well really what do you expect mate ? The Premier League is the be all and end all of football in this country - do you not understand that ? All the smaller clubs can go to the wall as long as they keep their precious PL.
OK you're Palace and all the rest of it but I genuinely feel sorry - as has been said before we don't want you to go under.
I heard that Colin was after three of your players - good friend he turned out to be.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yep, he has turned into a bit of a wanker. I was expecting him to though.

Unlike Coppell, who when he was "tranferred" from Brighton to Reading vowed not to try and poach any Albion players. It could well be that he didn't want any anyway though.

Warnock is a nasty piece of work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here