Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Croydon 0 - Sussex 1

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They have only been trying to leave Croydon for the last 40+ years.

Marshal Josip Tito

Маршал н
Nov 29, 2011
Yugoslavia
Not really a fan of Nestle BUT it would be a big boost to the Sussex economy which at present is so dominated by American Express. For all the business Gatwick brings in, I think only Virgin Atlantic have their proper HQ there (or thereabouts) in terms of serious multinationals.

Not sure it will make much difference to be fair, It's only 4 stops on the train from Croydon and not a bad drive either as everything else is going the other way.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
CityPlace is like a ghost town lately, loads of empty offices.

Though I wonder if it will attract any protest? For some reason or other (can't say I've ever looked into it) there always seems to be a pretty vocal group of objectors as far as that company is concerned, I know a few people who boycott their products. I freely admit to being far too apathetic to ever have enquired why.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Welcome to Croydon Home of Nestle.

Not any more :)

4 stops from Croydon? I'm sure you mean 1 stop from Croydon, majority of trains are non-stop to Gatwick

Which only reinforces what I was saying.

If I was given the choice of staying with my company and having to travel a little further I would.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Though I wonder if it will attract any protest? For some reason or other (can't say I've ever looked into it) there always seems to be a pretty vocal group of objectors as far as that company is concerned, I know a few people who boycott their products. I freely admit to being far too apathetic to ever have enquired why.
They supposedly push baby milk products in Africa, leading to African women to stop producing milk and then subsequently have to keep buying said milk products.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

They actively promote formula baby milk in third world countries especially in the early days which kind of ties people in to their product (which costs).

By third world I dont mean Croydon

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Welcome to Croydon Home of Nestle.

Not any more :)

:wave:

32896382_6de20b4e52_z.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They actively promote formula baby milk in third world countries especially in the early days which kind of ties people in to their product (which costs).

By third world I dont mean Croydon

:thumbsup:

In an attempt to educate myself, I have just googled them, and found lots of pictures of people dressed as orangutans outside their office. Which apparently relates to the company destroying thousands of acres of rainforest each year for palm oil plantations. Booooo.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Re the baby milk issue, there's another side to the problem: they behave like this in parts of the world where the water supply can be a bit grim, and their powdered baby milk needs to be mixed with water, meaning they're exposing the babies to a far greater risk from water-borne diseases like cholera. They've been proved to stoop as low as downright lying (one example I read about was a woman in India who'd been wrongly told by Nestle salespeople in doctor-esque white coats that she wouldn't be able to produce enough breast milk to feed her twins; one of the twins subsequently died from dysentry that could have probably been avoided if she'd stuck to breast milk).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here