Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crowd question

eastie

Jul 24, 2007
I see that the home attendance this year has reduced by 7% whilst Lewes and Eastbourne Borough's attendances have gone up by a whopping 44% and 25%.
People might say that its because they are doing well this year but before this year both teams attendances have been going up by an average of 10% per year.
Lewes and Boro's gate was 900+ and 800+ last saturday do people think that people are now deciding that at the moment Brighton is too expensive or do posters think its just down to the lack of entertainment for money and facilities??

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Glory hunters wanting to support a team who might be in the Premiership next season.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

People expect amazing football from The Albion, guaranteed, week in week out.

They expect cheap and cheerful football at the Lewes and EB games, and that's what they get. If that was served up at Withdean they'd be pulling their hair and DK's out.

oh.

Well, they'd be pulling just their own hair out then.

Whatever way you look at it, you won't find me going off to Southwick's or Shoreham's matches every weekend, regardless of cheaper price. If that were the criterion, I can watch pub or school teams lumping the leather for free.

eastie

Jul 24, 2007
People expect amazing football from The Albion, guaranteed, week in week out.

They expect cheap and cheerful football at the Lewes and EB games, and that's what they get. If that was served up at Withdean they'd be pulling their hair and DK's out.

oh.

Well, they'd be pulling just their own hair out then.

Whatever way you look at it, you won't find me going off to Southwick's or Shoreham's matches every weekend, regardless of cheaper price. If that were the criterion, I can watch pub or school teams lumping the leather for free.
You havent watched Blue Square South games then .
Think Lewes and Eastbourne are about 3 leagues higher than Southwick or Shoreham and I dont think they would lead Liverpool at Anfield like Havant did and they are a midtable team in Conference South.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Looking at Lewes attendances, apart from the Eastbourne game last saturdays match was the highest of the season.

Maybe this could have been down to the fact that Albion didn't have a game that day??

chidgull

Apr 29, 2006
and just remember that 50+ % of not a lot , is not a lot in terms of actual numbers on seats ............

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Yes, but NOT as MANY as BEFORE.

My economics A-level tells me this is the law of SUPPLY and DEMAND at work.

So then you should also know that, obviously the club have done their homework and probably found that the tickets are not very price sensitive. This means that even if they were to reduce ticket prices by a few quid, it's not going to get that many more people into the ground.
As it isn't very price sensitive (as there are still the 3k+ that will watch the Albion even at £30 a game) the club probably realise that they will make the most money charging a premium for their tickets.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Serious point however is that you don't see many young faces on the Park and Ride buses. If you price people out now and rely on the hardcore who will pay pretty much any price, you could be losing a whole generation of supporters - the ones who we'll need at Falmer.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Serious point however is that you don't see many young faces on the Park and Ride buses. If you price people out now and rely on the hardcore who will pay pretty much any price, you could be losing a whole generation of supporters - the ones who we'll need at Falmer.

Although to be fair, the family stand is usually fairly busy every game I go to which probably suggests that the club is making a fair effort to entice the kiddies to the game (and I don't mean Gully!). :jester:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think this is a bit of a myth that conference football is crap. I have seen Lewes play a couple of times and one of the things I noticed which was very evident is that they play to their strengths....they are not all worldbeaters or obviously they would be playing top flight footy, however they play the ball on the ground and there is certainly no lack of committment in the tackle.

I actually caught a match at Mile Oak the other day which is County 2 I think, and again I was amazed how the ball very rarely eft the ground (ncluding corners:lol:)

There is some good stuff out there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here