Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crowd control palace brighton

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Didn't have the chance to lock you in your ground did they? You'd all f***ing left with 10 minutes to go!

That doesn't make sense though does it. We didn't get locked in, as we could leave.

Oct 2, 2008
I thought the policing arrangements at Selhurst worked pretty well (but then I am talking from an away fans perspective). On the other hand the policing when Palace came to the Amex was utterly shambolic.......that really does need to be looked at.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I thought the policing arrangements at Selhurst worked pretty well (but then I am talking from an away fans perspective). On the other hand the policing when Palace came to the Amex was utterly shambolic.......that really does need to be looked at.

Yup I'd go along with that.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011

It was fun. Having bottles thrown at us from not 1 but 2 pubs.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Groupon, groupon,
With space in your stands
And you'll never fill
Your ground
You'll never fill
Your ground,

Groupon groupon....

And

Same old Palace
Always looting!

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
The police actually diverted me and a mate into the Palace lot and wouldn't let us rejoin the Brighton fans, meaning we had to walk to the station with all that 'orrible rabble.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
fair play to Palace, metal gates or not i have never EVER seen a kettle fly through the air at us like it did just as the last of out lot were being led into the station after the game

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was parked next to selhurst station and had to walk the opposite direction to the brighton fans, through the palace fans. That was entertaining.....

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Never mind the metal wall (didn't even notice it). The dangerously overcrowded train the police forced us on to is why I doubt I'll go this year. It was rammed... Not just a bit busy like the Falmer ones but so full that I couldn't even lift my arms. And the first stop was a good half an hour down the line. I suppose they can claim that as a policing success and no doubt they'll be delighted if fewer fans travel this year, but if any other section of society was treated that way, there'd be uproar.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
After reading some of the pre-match hyperbole (from - literally - both sides of the fence) where people were openly bigging-up the prospect of violence, I can't see that the police have too many options - there WERE idiots threatening to go "tooled-up", whether they actually intended to do so or not (maybe they included "lol" in their posts - I don't recall). I can't think of any element of society other than football where threatening to assault someone would be not only condoned but actively and openly encouraged, largely without criticism. Sadly it is one of those situations where the (potential) sins of a very very few get visited on the majority.

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
Never mind the metal wall (didn't even notice it). The dangerously overcrowded train the police forced us on to is why I doubt I'll go this year. It was rammed... Not just a bit busy like the Falmer ones but so full that I couldn't even lift my arms. And the first stop was a good half an hour down the line. I suppose they can claim that as a policing success and no doubt they'll be delighted if fewer fans travel this year, but if any other section of society was treated that way, there'd be uproar.

This. Couldn't get my hands out my pocket until we reached Three Bridges, and was stuck in a carriage with a copper who had humour failure. Apart from that good night out.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
This. Couldn't get my hands out my pocket until we reached Three Bridges, and was stuck in a carriage with a copper who had humour failure. Apart from that good night out.

I might get the coach this year, it's just more convenient. The train was a right royal pain last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here