Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cricket Today

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
pevenseagull said:
Of to the ground I go,
ho hum
at least it's a beautiful day

Didn't Innes knock up a ton asgainst Notts last year? Prior was magnificent with the bat last season, Mushy's capable of a lively cameo, Lewry's batting last year came on hugely (not difficult admittedly) and Akram might get half a dozen

If our tail can 'do a Surrey' the bowlers could have 170 or so to bowl at and we might have a game on our hands

here's hoping

I feel quite sorry for Pevensegull now, he might make it there for the winning runs though!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Sussex: 195 & 163 (52.5 overs)
Lancashire: 335 & 24-0 (8.5 overs)
Lancashire beat Sussex by 10 wickets
Lancashire 20 points, Sussex 3 points

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't think we'll get relegated but we won't win it. Still think it will be between Kent and Lancashire.

I reckon we'll be 3rd or 4th.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Gwylan said:
I don't think we'll get relegated but we won't win it. Still think it will be between Kent and Lancashire.

I reckon we'll be 3rd or 4th.

What makes you think Kent will be up there - currently struggling against Worcs !

Worcestershire are leading by 199 runs.

Worcestershire second innings 87 for 1, from 23.1 overs.

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Lancashire look awesome this season, Law and Hooper is an immense middle order, throw in James Anderson who should get a few more games this season and they will take some beating

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Kent finished strongly last year. Similar sort of side to Sussex, lots of good players with no obvious stars. They've got a few good county players who are not good enough for England so won't have any call-ups.

However, I've just remembered that Ealham's gone now (a handy player) and Jones will be playing for England.

To answer the Wookie's question. We lost our first game last year but won the second (and we won all but one of our home games, the exception was the rain-affected game against Surrey). There was not one game last season where we failed to get a single batting point...it's not a good start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here