Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cricket returns to BBC

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Highlights of THE ASHES on BBC in the evenings, and also throughout the day on BBCi i believe.

Anyone know who's doing the commentary?

Did Benaud retire completely, or just from matches in England? In which case, will he be on?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The Complete Badger said:
WW, real fans like me will stay up all night to watch it live. Who needs the BBC?:clap2:

fake fans like me:glare:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
WW, real fans like me will stay up all night to watch it live. Who needs the BBC?:clap2:

real fans like me are seeing the 3rd test on boxing day in melbourne (i think its the 3rd test).

E

enigma

I think Cricket is SHIT, but Benaud is the man. That guy knows so much, and only talks when necessary. Easily one of the best sporting presenters.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Kev, for the second night in a row I have to correct a very basic sporting error from you! At least you have plenty of excuses though. Zesh, you are actually going to the test match, yet still think it's the THIRD test? SHOCKING:shootself

My judgement is terrible, sorry with all these test matches in a short period of time.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Kev, for the second night in a row I have to correct a very basic sporting error from you! At least you have plenty of excuses though. Zesh, you are actually going to the test match, yet still think it's the THIRD test? SHOCKING:shootself

:lolol: yes well i havent looked into it much yet, ill have to wait for it to start before im up for it

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Benaud is commentating for Channel 9 in Australia - the commentary that the BBC will use. He is not commentating exclusively for the BBC.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Common as Mook said:
Benaud is commentating for Channel 9 in Australia - the commentary that the BBC will use. He is not commentating exclusively for the BBC.

I don't care 'who' he's commentating for, if I get to listen to him whilst watching cricket, i'm happy!

I wonder if BBC have recruited any of the Channel 4 lot to present the programme.

Mark Nicholas and Simon Hughes NEED to feature i think:clap:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Withdean Wanderer said:
I wonder if BBC have recruited any of the Channel 4 lot to present the programme.

They haven't. It's two Asian chaps. One who does Football Focus and the other does the Horse racing, I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here