Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cricket question

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
away from the "other" topic:

When bowling, can you bowl 3 fast ones then think "I'm gonna spin now" and bowl the last 3 balls as spinners?

The variations in fast bowl for example like bouncer/slowball/yorkie etc - why not change bowling style completley in one over? or do you ave to notify the bastman that your a specific type of bowler i.e. fast/medium fast/spinner etc etc

Merci!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes.

I am now a "spinner" and in one over I tend to bowl.....

1 fast ball,
One leg break ( ball goes away from the right handers bat)
A couple of off Breaks ( ball goes into the right hander)
A very slow ball

Its called variation. The only time a bowler tells the batsman what he is doing is when he changes from over to round the wicket. The unpire will tell the batsman so he can change his stance or/and move the sight screen.

Dave the spin

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Is that on purpose Dave, or do they just come out like that?:lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
John.

Normally they just come out like that!!! LOL

Fatboy, I have done that too and smacked our keeper in the face as he didn't spot my signal to say it was a quick one...my how we laughed as he was carted off to casualty

:eek:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
20 wickets in 5 matches dont lie Mr Rock

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
brighton rock said:
why change you will only be good at one of them

why say that? you could become good at fast and spin if you practice hard enough. thats like saying only become a batter or bowler not both....yet we have great all-roundsmen :)

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
it would be good to see and not impossible but fast and spin bouling are so different that i would think the body would fall to bits trying to do both.at a pro level

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I beg to differ again Rocky

The greatest all rounder the world has seen was Sir Garfield Sobers, who bowled, fast, medium and off breaks. Tony Grieg did the same.

Shane Warne has a wicked "arm ball" which has been measured at 87 MPH.

seagull over sevenoaks

Jul 14, 2003
Sheyiar (or whatever his name is) did this yesterday for Kent. He had bowled five balls of Pace, then as the umpires decided the light was bad bowled slow spin for the final ball, so they stayed out and the captain put the twirlers on. He did get spanked for 4 by Peter Martin though..:jester:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Dave's right. Greig and Sobers were quality variation bowlers.

Talking of non-Sussex related cricket, can anyone tell me what the point is of Bangladesh touring Australia? They're clueless. I reckon they should have arranged a test series against Spain, not Australia.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here