Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crewe

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Dark Horses for the play offs?

They won again yesterday and have a solid side thats creeping up the table week by week, with ashton banging in goals for fun could be an outside bet for promotion

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Only if they hang on to Ashton. Can't believe Robbie Blake has gone to Brum but no hint of a move from a prem club for Ashton. He's quality.

IMO, Crewe looked one of the purest footballing teams we've played both home and away. Then again, you'd expect nothing different from one of Dario Gradi's teams. Good luck to them. It proves that success is still possible on limited resorces.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I thought Crewe was one of the best sides we have played this season both home and away. We couldn't do anything to stop them.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Depends on Dean Ashton staying.

Great scorer

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I wasn't at the home game, but at the away one I felt we were generally as good as them, the main differences being that the officials were useless and they were clincal with their chances whereas we spurned most of what we had.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
They were the best team that have visited Withdean this season. I wouldn't be surprised if they got automatic promotion. Good luck to them!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
dougdeep said:
They were the best team that have visited Withdean this season. I wouldn't be surprised if they got automatic promotion. Good luck to them!

I'd go along with that.

:clap:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Crewe making the Premiershite would be fantastic. I don't like the fact that they tonked us twice this season but I hope they at least make the playoffs at the expense of one of the 'favoured' teams.

Dario should be an inspiration to all managers at clubs operating on limited resources:clap: :clap:

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
Trust me, we aren't going to go up. We're a good side at times but we concede far too many goals to get anywhere near the play-offs. Not one Crewe fan is even pretending they think we're going to get into the play offs.

As with every year we're still looking down (that's why it's nice to see Brighton, Forest et al losing) - but we're only 11 points from 50 and safety! Once (if) we get to 50 points only then will we think about anything else. Perhaps 60 points and a comfortable mid table position, but I think we're all realistic enough to know we're going to nearer the bottom than the top come the end of the year. We always go into freefall around now. Saying that the win at Leeds was perhaps, symbolically, the best ever result in the history of this club. Just goes to show how small time we are, and how well we are doing! Sir Dario anyone?

If you could start scoring goals then you'd be a decent side yourselves.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I felt the only difference between us and Crewe was Ashton. They can score goals and we can't!

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
Dario says Ashton won't go until the Summer. This is a good thing as it means he will go then (obviously) or his price will be boosted up by a couple of quid.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
JonC said:
Dario says Ashton won't go until the Summer. This is a good thing as it means he will go then (obviously) or his price will be boosted up by a couple of quid.

Presumably he has a few years on his contract left ?

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
Beach Hut said:
Presumably he has a few years on his contract left ?

End of next season which means he will go in the summer, whether it be a big Premiership club (Murphy, Savage, Lennon etc) or a similar sized club to ourselves (Hulse a couple of years back).

It's quite funny when you think about, that Robbie Savage started off (kind of) at Crewe! It means we can't help but love him.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
JonC said:
End of next season which means he will go in the summer, whether it be a big Premiership club (Murphy, Savage, Lennon etc) or a similar sized club to ourselves (Hulse a couple of years back).

It's quite funny when you think about, that Robbie Savage started off (kind of) at Crewe! It means we can't help but love him.

Presuambly Savage moved to Crewe from MUFC as he was in the "famous" youth team - Nevilles, Scholes, Butt and Beckham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here