Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Credit Cards

Does anyone know a website that will give me recommendations of what credit card to get based upon my circumstances, etc?

Someone with a crap credit rating obviously lived in my old house before me, as I couldn't get a credit card with any of the major companies. However now that I've moved (and it's been 6 months since those applications) I'm elligible again and ready to take on some more debt! :jester:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Capital One

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
www.uswitch.com has a run down of all the latest deals.

It you're a sky customer sky are doing a credit card with 0% on balance transfers and purchase until jan 08 which is a pretty good.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
algie said:
Capital One

Ignore them as they will ensure you get more and more in debt

D

Deleted member 2719

algie said:
Capital One

They have sent me Credit Card application forms monthly for years and i am pissed off with them as it means my shredder is going to be burnt out soon.

:lolol:

No seriously they are well and truely getting on my nerves does anyone have a e-mail or an address to be able to stop this sh*t post coming through the door?

???

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
B.M.F said:
this is the best site i have found for most things. Martin is a legend :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Moneysavingexpert.com

Yep, go for this one. Top site for all your money needs and all from the consumers point of view.

Thanks one and all.

I don't have a bad credit rating. In fact I don't think I have one at all. Never had a credit card, just got my hefty student loan to pay off. Think I may miss off my last address and just use my current address and my parents address, will have no problem getting a card then!

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
the money saving site did mention a pre-paid visa card (no credit, but usable as normal in th shops/online)- top up like you do with a mobile, and CONTROL your spending, not the other way round..

remember, you goota pay sometime!

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Get the Halifax one, interest free credit till 31.12.07

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
desprateseagull said:
the oney saving site did mention a pre-paid visa card (no credit, but usable as normal in th shops/online)- top up like you do with a mobile, and control your spending.

you goota pay sometime!

www.3v.ie

they're an almighty rip off, E5 taken of feach top up for "admin fees", etc. Bank of Ireland Mastercard does me fine...

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
credit checks aren't done on address details- re past occupants affecting your rating - thats a myth. - more likely that you don't have a credit history which is how they base their descision. A couple of years ago anyone without a 'credit footprint' would have no probs getting approved , but the banks are tightening up in preparation of the the forthcoming credit squeeze through higher interest rates.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Mouldy Boots said:
They have sent me Credit Card application forms monthly for years and i am pissed off with them as it means my shredder is going to be burnt out soon.

:lolol:

No seriously they are well and truely getting on my nerves does anyone have a e-mail or an address to be able to stop this sh*t post coming through the door?

???

Try this, also for getting your name off call calling and some spam e-mails

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/
http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/

works for me.... Also then after you register and you get any cold calls you tell them they are committing a criminal offence and you will be calling the police as soon as you ring off - they usually go very quiet and mutter something about need to talk to supervisor before line goes dead.

Oh yes -

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ and http://www.saynoto0870.com/ both excellent sites

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here