Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crazy Managerial Casualties

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Can anyone tell me why either Lee Clark, Gary Megson or Simon Grayson have recently been sacked?
I assumed that Clark was sacked amicably because he had another job lined up, now known not to be the case.
Megson was not liked at the end of his time at Bolton so why did Sheff Wed decide to employ him and now sack him when things are not exactly going tits up
Southgate's dismissal a few seasons back was another ridiculous decision.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Lee Clark and Gary Megson utter and total insanity Huddersfield and Sheff Weds should be ashamed of themselves IDIOTS !!!

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I have to agree that is bloody the recent spate of managerial dismissals have been mental. I mean, the last 4 or so sackings have all occurred to managers who had their clubs in the top 10 of their respective leagues...Some have even been in the top 5!!

Just goes to show that some of the people that own/run football clubs, really have no clue...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

D

Deleted member 2719

Megson could have been sacked for being a boring b**tard.

Well he doesn't inspire me!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Lee Clark hasn't exactly done that well given the money he's spent. Should have been promoted twice. Megson is an odd one as they've turned it round. Grayson I sort f expected. Bates just has ridiculous expectations given he had nothing to spend.

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
Can anyone tell me why either Lee Clark, Gary Megson or Simon Grayson have recently been sacked?
I assumed that Clark was sacked amicably because he had another job lined up, now known not to be the case.
Megson was not liked at the end of his time at Bolton so why did Sheff Wed decide to employ him and now sack him when things are not exactly going tits up
Southgate's dismissal a few seasons back was another ridiculous decision.

I heard that someone broke Yorkshire.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I think Gus is now in the top 20 for length of managerial spells. That is crazy.
4th longest serving manager in the Championship - I checked it this morning.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Kenny Jackett (2007-), Nigel Clough (Jan 2009-) & Ian Holloway (May 2009-). Not sure who will go next out of that lot, or whether Gus'll be around long enough to rise further up the rankings. Pretty crazy though, Jackett's probably the only manager in the division who could truly be considered 'long serving' - having managed approaching 250 games.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Megson was the oddest one of those.

Bates is just stupid and sacks any manager as soon as the natives get restless and as stated Clark has seriously under performed at Huddersfield given the money he has had to spend.

Addick

Jan 20, 2008
It's weird is it not, all these sackings, especially the timing of them. I think though that Megson and Clarke were both the victims of our form. Both Chairmen have, reportedly,put in a lot of money and instant promotion, in January, was looking iffy due to CAFC and the Blades form.
Remarkably a friend of mine who follows Huddersfield said a number of supporters were pleased that Clarke had gone.
Off to Bournemouth today, up the Albion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here