Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley - will they actually be let in the football league?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Well if we can get away with Withdean, I can't see them having too many problems.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I cant see them spending all this money to NOT be promoted to the league because of their ground.

And Im sure any required improvements will be carried out in the summer.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
They could always play at Withdean. Not up to League standard, but there is a precedent.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
My wife has a cousin who has some sort of connection with Crawley Town ( probably selling Hot Dogs) he reckons there has been permission to replicate the main stand on the A23 terracing side since the stadium was built as long as the standard of football can justify it.
He also reckons that there is permission to double the size of the ends as well.
Sounds reasonable but can’t confirm it anywhere else.
What was interesting to me though, was on Sky News Sportsline on Sunday night there was a special report on Crawley Town. During the report it said that Crawley have a five year plan to be in League 1 and have spent more money in the transfer market this season than all the league 2 teams put together!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So long as their spending is prudent and they don't end up in another Majeed (sp?) situation I think it is fair for a pro club to buy their way into the Football League. And as has been said I am certain they already have plans for the stadium to be upgraded, and let's not forget they have the full backing of the council, is the ground not council owned? I know they built it back in 97. Blackpools meteoric rise caught the club by surprise and they ended up having to swiftly put up a temporary stand for the Prem during the summer. So no problems for CT in League 2 I'm sure.

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
If they get promoted this year then they have two year grace from the football league to up grade. Only media and medical things.

They have plans to rebuild the stand opposite their main stand. Their chairman was on talk sport yesterday.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
A couple of years ago Braodfield was graded as the second best stadium (behind Nene Park) outside the FL so I dont think they will have any problems.

I say good luck to them, I have no great love of the town or its residents (coming as I do from the posh part of North Sussex) but I cant help but want a Sussex club to do well. I might eat my words if they are playing at the same level as us in 5 years time though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here