Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

crawley v pompey anyone else going?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
And another thread about Crawley football club on a Brighton football club board

Another Crawley thread :facepalm:.

Don't click on the link then?

This.

Where's the thread about whether people are going to the Eastbourne Boro or Aldershot games? Bizarre.

Where are they in the Football League?

I think the point is that Crawley's rise has been as 'impressive' as Pompey's fall. For them both to meet in a League 1 game is something that very few people would have predicted four or five years ago. Coupled with the fact that they are both local clubs and, in the loosest sense, 'rivals', and it's quite a relevant topic for discussion on the big board, IMO. Plus, there are countless other threads about other football clubs on here - so I've not got a problem with it. It's just a page on the Internet, at the end of the day...

Am I going? Fack that!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

I think the point is that Crawley's rise has been as 'impressive' as Pompey's fall. For them both to meet in a League 1 game is something that very few people would have predicted four or five years ago. Coupled with the fact that they are both local clubs and, in the loosest sense, 'rivals', and it's quite a relevant topic for discussion on the big board, IMO. Plus, there are countless other threads about other football clubs on here - so I've not got a problem with it. It's just a page on the Internet, at the end of the day...

Am I going? Fack that!

I thought you were supposed to be signing for us?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Ballbags. There has always been a disproportionate amount of Crawley threads on here, with a number of people bizarrely seeing them as a 2nd club. They hate us, they don't want us to have them as a 2nd club.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012

Am I going? Fack that!

Its more the fact there are always threads about Crawley.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
£17 to watch Crawley v Pompey...do people have money to burn!?

Surely if you want to take in a game this weekend, Whitehawk v Sittingbourne in the FA Cup 1st Qual round is the game to get to on Saturday.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Ballbags. There has always been a disproportionate amount of Crawley threads on here, with a number of people bizarrely seeing them as a 2nd club. They hate us, they don't want us to have them as a 2nd club.

This. I wouldn't mind if there was the occasional 'wow Crawley are doing well with their unsustainable spending' thread but they seem to pop up almost every week.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
there is no reason now for people to detest crawley, they dont give a hoot about Brighton, they are just quietly going about there business, winning games and doing well, its amazing that they are going into this game as favourites. who would have thought that 5 years ago!
Fan base will grow Im sure and those addtional fans are gonna come from Palace and the Hammers not seagulls, that can only be a good thing!!

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Got a ticket for the home terrace. Could well beat the record attendance at the Broadfield on Sunday. Incredible to see that Crawley are 8/11 to win; four or five years ago they'd be about 7/1 when Crawley were mid table in the Conference and Portsmouth won the FA Cup with Jermain Defoe, Sulley Muntari, Peter Crouch etc.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven

They don't hate us from what I've seen and I've posted on there forums abit they always say they don't really care all that much. Abit like us, some mixed views.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Has the money dried up yet? If not when is it going to?

Cracked record alert.

They haven't been spending excessively, so I've no idea why this keeps getting airtime. They need to increase their crowds to be able to compete where they are now, but plenty of clubs get similar crowds in the lower two divisions and survive quite happily.

Or were you talking about Pompey?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Have you actually spoken to any Crawley fans to form that view?
You'd find that, mostly, you're wrong. I'm sure you'd find a few with that opinion, but just the same as if it had been Lewes who had made the jump to the league, there are bound to be many who have watched both over the years for a variety of reasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here