Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley is full of Terrorists!

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
Doesn't surprise me in the least. How times have changed. Once Crawley was famous for producing seminal bands like The Cure and now it's on The News for terrorism. Tut.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
and it's not for the first time. I seem to recall a couple of arrest in Crawley for this sort of thing before.
It's probably so they can bomb Gatport Airwick once they've been to icon/diva.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
the cure . . .from Crawly ? that explains it !!! :lolol:

Crawley does seem to have a broader mix of people than most of Sussex . . . .maybe because they fall off the bottom of planes and land in and around towns . . . . .or just because its a southern posher suburb of Croydon :lolol: :lolol:

SeagullSimon

Jul 5, 2003
Kent Uni; Bexhill
Eight British men suspected of being involved in terrorist activity have been arrested in a series of raids across the south of England.
More than half a ton of ammonium nitrate fertiliser was also seized from a self storage unit in west London.

Raids, by five forces and involving 700 officers, were carried out on 24 premises early on Tuesday morning.

Head of Scotland Yard's terrorist branch Peter Clarke said warrants were issued under the Terrorism Act 2000.

Scotland Yard said the raids took place in Sussex, Surrey, the Thames Valley region, London and Bedfordshire.

It does look like it's turning out to be one of the larger terror operations we've had in recent months

Daniel Sandford
BBC correspondent

BBC home affairs correspondent Daniel Sandford said police sources had said the arrests were "significant".

"It does look like it's turning out to be one of the larger terror operations we've had in recent months," he said.

They had made "quite serious finds already" in the raids, he added.

Scotland Yard said the operation was continuing and sources said reports that bomb-making equipment had been found was "going too far".

The raids took place in Crawley, West Sussex, close to Gatwick Airport; in Luton, Bedfordshire; in Ealing, west London; in Redbridge, east London; and at locations in Berkshire.

Terror alert

Britain has been on a high state of alert over terrorist activities since Christmas and one step off the highest alert in London.

Following the bombings in Madrid, Metropolitan Police commissioner Sir John Stevens said an attack on London was "inevitable".

Tuesday's operation is the latest in a series of raids carried out by anti-terror police, most of which resulted in suspects being released without charge.

Some raids have led to prosecutions which are waiting to go to trial. No further details can be given for legal reasons.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
I have some terrorist thoughts myself in Crawley, when leaving work and trying to get out of Manor Royal. I've found myself having thoughts of blowing up that accursed bus/tram/whatever the hell it is system but then that'd only mean yet MORE digging up roads and MORE delays. I still can't work out what's so great about these new buses.

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Ikon and Diva plays a lot of Garage and Rappers music crap. I know some people here that can't stand that place.

It needs to be changed, to a top nightclub that plays Fatboy Slim style music and Mid 90's classic Dance, and flatten the building with a stunning new one.

There would be free entry to Brighton fans and Palarse fans have to pay £1 extra. Come to think of it I could do it as I am now Youth MP.:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here