Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

crap london atmosphere

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
As i work and live in london i had to watch the game in Angel and my god what an awful atmosphere. despite the pub being packed and loads of england shirts being worn, nobody knew how to chant at all! we had a few england shouts, but some twat even started an oggy oggy oggy off.

then my sister phones me from a pub in brighton and the atmosphere sounded great! bloody miss brighton!:nono:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Cricketers in Southwick was class, great atmos and even a few BHA songs courtesy of my Centinery shirt! Lulled afterwards but everyone in high spirits at our performance and looking forward to thursdays game.
Unlike a few pubs in Brighton with fights after the final whistle!

Not all London pubs are crap.. Years ago I used to go to the King and Queen in Walthamstow. It was awesome. Two hours b4 any kick off, it was packed. Standing only with drums, flags the works.

And after the Romania game in 98 conga's throughout Hoe St and on the local buses.

The skill in London is to track down a "football" pub.

LC

:drink:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Atmosphere in The Font and Firkin was brilliant.

It seemed to be full of Albion too.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
CrabtreeBHA said:
Cricketers in Southwick was class, great atmos and even a few BHA songs courtesy of my Centinery shirt! Lulled afterwards but everyone in high spirits at our performance and looking forward to thursdays game.
fights after the whistle,not bha fans surely

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
virgirlo said:
As i work and live in london i had to watch the game in Angel and my god what an awful atmosphere. despite the pub being packed and loads of england shirts being worn, nobody knew how to chant at all! we had a few england shouts, but some twat even started an oggy oggy oggy off.

then my sister phones me from a pub in brighton and the atmosphere sounded great! bloody miss brighton!:nono:

Is there a decent pub near Angel tube station I can watch the match on Thursday, as I'm up in London on a course and it ends at about..., well, kickoff actually!!!

:glare:

D

Deleted User X18H

albiongirl said:
I was at the Grendier in Hangleton we sang Albion songs too!!

How is the Grenny these days is it still split into two bars and has a Sunday night quiz ??

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
CrabtreeBHA said:

Indeed the atmosphere in the Cricks at 'Wick was class. Looking forward to Thur already....:drink:

Re: Re: crap london atmosphere

Curious Orange said:
Is there a decent pub near Angel tube station I can watch the match on Thursday, as I'm up in London on a course and it ends at about..., well, kickoff actually!!!

If you got the time head up to Holloway Rd.

About 15 mins up Upper Street. Quinns and the Bailey

LC

Jul 5, 2003
London
Not near the Angel, but I went to the Clapham Grand last night (next to Clapham Junction).
Cost £5 to get in but it was on the biggest screen I've ever watched a game on - a large cinema screen and a fantastic atmosphere up until the last 2 minutes.

Not sure what the bar prices were, but they were selling bottled beer for £2.50 with no queing.

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
Re: Re: crap london atmosphere

Curious Orange said:

well i was at the york. it is cheap compared to the other places, and it is always packed, but full of non-attending arsenal supporters! wanna meet up?? :rolleyes:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Re: Re: Re: crap london atmosphere

virgirlo said:
well i was at the york. it is cheap compared to the other places, and it is always packed, but full of non-attending arsenal supporters! wanna meet up?? :rolleyes:

Is that right by Angel tube station though? What road is it on? The course I'm on is due to finish at 5.00pm (it's in City Road) so I need a pub that is within a couple of minutes walk at a maximum.

I KNOW THE YORK, ITS RIGHT NEXT TO THE ANGLE TUBE.

COME OFF CITY ROAD, UP UPPER STREET, ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE, GO PAST THE TUBE, AND ITS ON THE FIRST RIGHT HAND SIDE CORNER.

ON WEEKDAYS YOU GET A FEW OF THE CITY LOT.

LC:)

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
walk out of station, turn right, see loads of tables outside of pub...that is it! it is a nice place, but would be better if a load of albion supporters were to take over!:clap2:

virgirlo said:
walk out of station, turn right, see loads of tables outside of pub...that is it! it is a nice place, but would be better if a load of albion supporters were to take over!:clap2:

I JUST SAID THAT:lolol: :)

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
ok,

now you have twisted my arm!! i was going to try a pub called the sussex off essex road, but now an albion supporter is going to the York, then i will too!

be prepared to get the place chanting in time, they could only manage a feeble engerland, engerland, engerland!

:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here