Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crap Goalkeepers ...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I was just reading that recent thread about Graeme Smith, and it got me thinking ...

We have been unfortunate to see a good few crap goalkeepers wear the Albion shirt over the years. Lets see how many we cna think of.

I'll start with three, Wayne Henderson, Rami Chaaban and Nicky Rust.

Who else?.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Nicky Rust was my first albion keeper and therefore always a favourite!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Smiffy has to be up there. He was just atrocious. You could see how our defence seemed to shit themselves every time the ball was in our half with him behind them.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Based on what? The one game he's played for the Albion? Have you ever actually seen him play?

If he's so shit, why did Gus offer him a new contract in the summer?
I'll back him up on this one , he's PONY

and why did Gus offer him a new contract - because everyone makes mistakes I guess?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Nicky Rust wasnt that bad first time round. I believe he still has the record of 5 league clean sheets?

It was around the last days of the Goldstone that Rust went downhill a bit. Everyone was surprised when he made his "comeback" against Orient in THAT game. He didnt feature much after.

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
Based on what? The one game he's played for the Albion? Have you ever actually seen him play?

If he's so shit, why did Gus offer him a new contract in the summer?

He is third choice keeper for a reason. Yes i have seen him play i was at that Northampton game last season and a few reserve team games throughout the season have never rated him its obvious Gus is more in favour of Brez just cant ever seeing him breaking in to the first team

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Can I add Florent Chaigneau, Mark Walton and, albeit a bit harsh given he only played once or twice, Will Packham to the list?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
He is third choice keeper for a reason. Yes i have seen him play i was at that Northampton game last season and a few reserve team games throughout the season have never rated him its obvious Gus is more in favour of Brez just cant ever seeing him breaking in to the first team

Fair enough if you've actually seen him play a few times. But I don't think a player can be judged after one first-team game.

I have no idea if he's any good or not, I just don't like people calling him shit (or good) when they have no idea if he is or not.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
Can I add Florent Chaigneau, Mark Walton and, albeit a bit harsh given he only played once or twice, Will Packham to the list?

I think I vaguely remember seeing Will packham play, can't really remember how he played though :D

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Sorry, but Henderson was a good keeper (just had an annoying habit of parrying shots back out into dangerous areas for tap-ins, rather than around the post for corners etc).

And Yeldell, well, anyone remember Leeds away, with the pink jersey, he was top dollar (that day at least!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here