Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Craig Noone

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Receives the ball. Cuts inside from the touch line. Quick shimmy, shifting the ball from left to right foot, taking out two Doncaster players. Eye of the needle pass through to Buckley. YEEEEEESSSSSS!!!

My favourite Noone moment :)

After convincing myself we didn't need to win and just being there was enough, that was special :thumbsup:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Last weekend Noonie's Melbourne City played against Wellington Phoenix. They lost 2 - 1 and one of Wellington's goal scorers was none other than Tomer Hemed. Bet they had plenty to talk about.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Another one of our former players strutting his stuff in the Aussie A-League. A funny thing looking at his stats, l always imagined he scored more goals for the Albion, just a miserly 2 in in 59 appearances..

I can well recall his shooting was absolutely SHOCKING. His trademark would be cutting inside the defender, then scuffing his shot into the advertising hoardings, or blasting it high, wide and handsome.

I'm sure his assist stats are right up there, but bloody hell he couldn't hit a barn door if he was holding the handle.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I can well recall his shooting was absolutely SHOCKING. His trademark would be cutting inside the defender, then scuffing his shot into the advertising hoardings, or blasting it high, wide and handsome.

I'm sure his assist stats are right up there, but bloody hell he couldn't hit a barn door if he was holding the handle.

Thank god we've progressed past this

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Last weekend Noonie's Melbourne City played against Wellington Phoenix. They lost 2 - 1 and one of Wellington's goal scorers was none other than Tomer Hemed. Bet they had plenty to talk about.
Did they even cross paths at the Albion? Thought Hughton signed Tomer?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Noone was excellent for us, A bit of a Poundland Knockaert but a fabulous third tier player and a good second tier player. I enjoyed watching him play, he was ultimately less impressive then he threatened to be but he was wonderful to watch.

We have come a long way, but he was a large part of that journey.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Has that legendary picture of him ‘sunbathing’ under the Amex pitch lamps vanished off the Internet? Never been able to find it since it was posted up on here back in the day (see also the one of Gordon Greer holding up GM’s severed, dripping head)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

With his ability to blaze the ball over the bar then maybe a career in Aussie Rules beckons? He's certainly in the right city.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Me

Maybe not, but both having spent time at the Albion would have been worth some discussion I would have thought.
Noone has scored 3 times in his last 3 games.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Both he and Tomer are on fire in this league, nice to see them playing,

Fair play to both players. Meanwhile DJ Locadia gets time-stamped as an MLS reject. Not the player's fault that he's more than a bit shite. Recruitment department need their wages docked as a minimum punishment tho eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here