Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Noone

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Here is a guy who has been mentioned in so many threads over the past few months since he joined us from Plymouth Argyle.

He was good last season but has been absolutely fantastic from pre-season up until now and continues to shine including tonight against premiership opposition.

Hate to ask this but can anyone suggest what his current market value may be as it seems to me that he must be attracting attention as a result ?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I do like the way we tend to sign progressive young players who are on the up, rather than more established older performers. CMS the possible exception.

Yes I agree with that but CMS is not exactly an 'older' performer at what 27. My God he is amazing.

Best

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Noone was worth the "overpriced" entrance fee alone as far as I'm concerned... All the boys played well but he stood out on his own, for me!

Class, sheer class... I think we'll struggle to keep him unfortunately!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Fearless player who is getting better and better,Norwich must be looking.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Noooonnnneeee has clearly been building up since the end of last season, more meat on him now, and is not so easily knocked off the ball (when defenders can catch him). Completely outshining Lua Lua, who so far this season, still looks off the pace and regaining fitness.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Noone has been on a different level this season so far, going to be hard to keep him if he continues in this rich vain of form. Still only 23 and getting better and better every game. The only thing that lets him down is his lack of a right foot, if he could use that more then he's a shoe in for the Premier League.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
I didn't go to the game so listened on 5Live.
Steve Claridge was glowing in his compliments about Noone throughout the game.

Noone's on fire at the moment and you get the impression he will get even better!

Dunk (and his age was noted) was heavily praised too, e.g. maturity of knowing when to tackle & not sell himself early.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Sometime he tries to do a little too much with the ball but he looked absolutely class. I dread to think how good he will be in 4/5 years time......!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I didn't think he'd make the whole match, he was really puffing in the second half when we had a corner and not Harley not to pass it to him, but his energy is almost on par with CMS, fully deserved MOM.

Lua Lua on the other hand was fairly ineffective (again) when he should have been perfect for a tiring defence, I hope its just a fitness issue

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Noone was a bit hit and miss last season and a useful impact sub whereas Lua Lua shone. So far this season Noone has been amazing, could do with realeasing the ball without trying to beat 7 men sometimes ( a bit Rod Thomas) but that's a small moan. Lua Lua has been massively disappointing to me, he never seems to be in enough space to take the ball on the run, but he does receive VERY close attention from opposition defenders and probably needs a good game to get his confidence up.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Noone was a bit hit and miss last season and a useful impact sub whereas Lua Lua shone. So far this season Noone has been amazing, could do with realeasing the ball without trying to beat 7 men sometimes ( a bit Rod Thomas) but that's a small moan. Lua Lua has been massively disappointing to me, he never seems to be in enough space to take the ball on the run, but he does receive VERY close attention from opposition defenders and probably needs a good game to get his confidence up.

Completely agree. I really don't think Lua Lua is fit yet. He will come good I have no doubt, but we certainly haven't seen the best from him yet.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
If he learns how to deliver/shoot with his right foot he is going to be incredible.

With experience he will learn when and when not to release the ball (again this seems to be governed as to whether it is on his left foot or not).

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Superb performance and you can tell from his face he absolutely loves all the love he gets from the fans

PC-Gull

The Muffin Man
Apr 12, 2008
Brighton, Sussex, England
Too many times last night Noone tried to go through one too many players. That being said, he was a pure delight to watch. I agree with what has been said about Lualua, and I think it is a fitness issue, however, he looked more into the game last night than I have seen him all season. I sure we can look forward to him getting better and better every game.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
I know Lua Lua hasnt played alot but maybe having him has let Noone slip under the radar of opposing managers, unfortunately not for very much longer tho. The mind boggles with what this team are capable of in the next few yrs if we can keep them all together. It prob wont be as hard as it was previously, how many clubs in the country outside the top 6 in the prem look a significantly more attractive proposition than playing for BHA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here