Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Noone

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
What do people really think of the Craig Noone Signing?
Don't get me wrong I really like him but in Brighton terms at the time he was one of our most expensive signings. You would think he would be an ever present and automatic choice for the starting line-up. Now he seems a level headed kind of lad and said himself that it would take the rest of the season to fully understand Gus's way of playing but that then has implications for any new signings coming in. How long before they are up to speed?. I just wonder if he has been the success he should have been for that money or have we been able gloss over any shortcomings in the euphoria of winning the league. I hope he goes on this year to develop into a superstar but if KLL arrives he may be competing for the same position. I just kind of expected more at the time I guess is what I'm saying. Does anyone feel the same?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
No player has a divine right to start,like all the players Noone will have to show he wants that position.Don't think Gus would've signed him if he did'nt see any potential use for him..."In Gus we trust!"

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
What do people really think of the Craig Noone Signing?
Don't get me wrong I really like him but in Brighton terms at the time he was one of our most expensive signings. You would think he would be an ever present and automatic choice for the starting line-up. Now he seems a level headed kind of lad and said himself that it would take the rest of the season to fully understand Gus's way of playing but that then has implications for any new signings coming in. How long before they are up to speed?. I just wonder if he has been the success he should have been for that money or have we been able gloss over any shortcomings in the euphoria of winning the league. I hope he goes on this year to develop into a superstar but if KLL arrives he may be competing for the same position. I just kind of expected more at the time I guess is what I'm saying. Does anyone feel the same?

No, he's shown us how good he can be, working with Gus and becoming properly integrated into our method of play will create much more consistency

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Noone is a great talent,I really hope he does well this season.Thank god we had him on the pitch for the live game at Colchester.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Potential Player of the Season, as are the rest of the squad I guess, as the season hasn't started yet!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Isn't that what makes KLL etc dangerous players, they drift in and out of games and the opposition forget they are there or what they can do and then, bang, they make an impact?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
My opinion with Noone was he was still learning the "Gus" way. I think we will start to see more and more of him this season, he certainly is an impact player who on his day can torment teams, bit like Lua Lua but in a different manner, hence having the pair of them is important this season.

So, yes, I think Noone is quality and will only get better. Lets face it if you can run with the ball at your feet like this lad can then I am sure he can cut it in the Championship.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Noone plays 1st team football week in week out KLL has hardly played any in the last couple of years, he is living on his brothers reputation

What has that got to do with it ? I like Noone a lot but not many would pick him before KLL, who scored the most goals for us last season for a start ? As for living on his brother's reputation it seems to me you never saw him play last season.

Feb 21, 2009
With a full pre-season infront of him i think nooney will be one of our best players this year, the long wide wings at the amex, and the 22,000 plus fans creating more of an atmosphere, which ever wing pairing gus uses this coming season i can see some excitement coming our way, KLL included of course.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Quality player who will do better the higher up the football pyramid he goes. Can see him rotating with KLL or both starting regularly if we play Buckley in behind the strikers in the role Gus preferred for Benno.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I thought Noone did well for us considering he joined mid season. He had some fantastic moments, one I remember being the run against Swindon to win the penalty when he beat about three players and was brought down. People have got to accept that any winger is going to be inconsistent and have good and bad spells. If we get LuaLua, we will have three options for two positions (or even one if Gus plays the narrow 4 man midfield sometimes) and that will keep them all on their toes.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
What has that got to do with it ? I like Noone a lot but not many would pick him before KLL, who scored the most goals for us last season for a start ? As for living on his brother's reputation it seems to me you never saw him play last season.

I saw him play and yes he has moments but like Michael Owen He is very Fragile.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
We need 3 quality wingers, OP has not thought about injuries and suspensions. Both noone and KLL seem to play well for one half so they can be used in tandem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here