Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Mackail-Smith to Charlton...

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Charlton are a proper historic Club. That is not a dig aimed at your mob - but they are a proper club.

Who bus Gillingham fans in? A club with 0 rivals. To Millwall and Palace fans Charlton is just another game. Not saying they don't have history but history doesn't change the people who run and support it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
At least they need a bus for their fans unlike Palace who only need a mini bus for their 8 diehards.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Who bus Gillingham fans in? A club with 0 rivals. To Millwall and Palace fans Charlton is just another game. Not saying they don't have history but history doesn't change the people who run and support it.

Is this the same Charlton who got bigger gates than you last season?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Well we have recent links with Charlton due to our shared history. Having said that - there was bad blood when they were advertising for fans on Hove Station when we were at Gillingham.

What happened to Sompting Seagull ? - he used to deface the posters.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm only kidding mate. We share something in common then as i come from the other part of south London ie the west.

I never had you down being that old though. You must be well into your 60's ?

Just 60 - as a nipper I was put on the Brighton Belle and met the other end to spend every day of the summer at the County Ground. The start of the football season and visits to the Goldstone (stood on a box in front of the West Stand with my grandfather) signalled the imminent end of the holiday when I would be put back on the train and met at Victoria. A great way to spend the summer hols - I was lucky :)

South west London eh? Unlucky :lol:

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
It might be an idea to change the thread title as CMS is clearly not off the Charlton and the past three pages have more to do with who hates Palace more - us or Charlton.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Thank you portslade (and others). No matter how bad things get from here we can take heart from the fact it won't ever get as bad as the mid to late eighties when we had to play our home games on a rundown piece of waste ground attached to a South London Sainsbury's.

What a bit like Palace do now :laugh; .

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Is this the same Charlton who got bigger gates than you last season?

Not surprised. They did well in league 1 compared to us who finished 17th with a dismal end to the season.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Well we have recent links with Charlton due to our shared history. Having said that - there was bad blood when they were advertising for fans on Hove Station when we were at Gillingham.

What happened to Sompting Seagull ? - he used to deface the posters.

Grim.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Hate to see clubs get into financial trouble. Not the fans fault. But Charlton fans took the **** out of Palace when we got into trouble. Charlton away is just another game IMO. Nothing special about it like Brighton or Millwall.

A club who laughed at us for us having a supporters trust. Now they are rushing to get one.

Good luck Charlton, but WHO THE **** IS LAUGHING NOW.

Fair play, that's a clever chant and well sung.

And revert to type, Charlton will finish above Palace this season. Whatever happens there. :clap:

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I am disappointed about how Palace came out of admin and ****** over local people. Charlton and their owners who tried to **** Palace over with Dowie and ended up below us. Charlton fans sang a song along the lines of, WE SENT THE PALACE DOWN, we now sing the above as a joke.

Pathetic club run by pathetic people and supported by Gillingham fans.

ut you cant get the hump when fans sing about ur financial shit when not one person sympathises with palace due to the way they treated people it was disgusting and Palace deserve all the shit they get for it.

I hope it dont happen this year for Charlton, my Uncle is 100 this year his wife just went into hospital with dementia and she has also broken her hips which wont heal correctly as her age 98 and the hospital wont operate, so she dont know who my Uncle is after 60 years of marriage and he gets to see her like that, he is a life long Charlton season ticket holder still goes today. He loves Charlton and seeing them go tits up will break him even more

Last edited:

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Charlton are also a club that I look out for -results wise. My wife is from Bexley and most of her family are Charlton fans. Nice bunch and always interested about Brighton too.

Sad if Admin is about to happen.

Unlike that tin pot club Palace. Never have had any class and never will.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
I went on the Brighton Belle once - by accident. There was a premium to pay on the Brighton Belle - but they let us off. I wish we'd have had camera phones. It was a proper treat.

It was a regular service in my day. My mother would stick me in the dining car with a drink and tip the attendant to keep an eye on me. Even then you could still do the journey down from time in the eponymous 59 minutes so it wasn't too long a trip. I used to pass the time by creating my own ideal Sussex cricket eleven and play against other sides keeping a ball-by-ball record in my notebook and rolling a pencil with holes pressed in it as a dice. Another pencil would have the various methods of getting out (and a "not out" option) on to be employed when landing the blank side indicated an appeal. Kept me occupied no problem. Christ but I was a dull child! :lol:

My father used to take me to the Valley during the season - Stuart Leary was my favourite. Played cricket for Kent and soccer for Charlton and was a "proper" centre forward with post war brylcream good looks. Happy memories

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
From the Fans United day at the Goldstone, there were more Charlton supporters than any other club.

I wish them well.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It was a regular service in my day. My mother would stick me in the dining car with a drink and tip the attendant to keep an eye on me. Even then you could still do the journey down from time in the eponymous 59 minutes so it wasn't too long a trip. I used to pass the time by creating my own ideal Sussex cricket eleven and play against other sides keeping a ball-by-ball record in my notebook and rolling a pencil with holes pressed in it as a dice. Another pencil would have the various methods of getting out (and a "not out" option) on to be employed when landing the blank side indicated an appeal. Kept me occupied no problem. Christ but I was a dull child! :lol:

That was an actual game that you could buy. Of course back then we were used to not buying things and making out own versions of stuff.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
That was an actual game that you could buy. Of course back then we were used to not buying things and making out own versions of stuff.

It was indeed...... "HOWZAT" with metal diecast pieces. I bought a set years afterwards in a junk shop in Portland Road, Hove :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here