Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Mackail-Smith to Charlton...

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
No. Brought up in Bexleyheath but came to Brighton every summer to spend holidays with family and watched the first games of the season (plus others in half term etc). First Albion game in 1959 and saw every home game between the mid 60's and mid 70's when I lived in the town An avid away fan in the thirty five years since so don't think I can claim to be JCL although I am a proud new STH :lol:
How can anybody call you a JCL....you and I and quite a few others have been watching Albion longer than some of these twots have been alive!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
:lolol: Johnny Come Back.

my challenge is to see more games at home (400 mile+ round trip) than I normally see away from home.......not sure I'll manage it but even for a midlands based saeagull this is a bad season for travels................so many games "oop north". :)

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
From the Fans United day at the Goldstone, there were more Charlton supporters than any other club.

I wish them well.

My family connection with Charlton aside, the coach loads who came down that day earnt my total respect and should never be forgotten.

Frankly IF we are about to spend big on a striker, I could see a CMS transfer as a possibility.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Noooooo chance.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
It was a regular service in my day. My mother would stick me in the dining car with a drink and tip the attendant to keep an eye on me. Even then you could still do the journey down from time in the eponymous 59 minutes so it wasn't too long a trip. I used to pass the time by creating my own ideal Sussex cricket eleven and play against other sides keeping a ball-by-ball record in my notebook and rolling a pencil with holes pressed in it as a dice. Another pencil would have the various methods of getting out (and a "not out" option) on to be employed when landing the blank side indicated an appeal. Kept me occupied no problem. Christ but I was a dull child! :lol:

My father used to take me to the Valley during the season - Stuart Leary was my favourite. Played cricket for Kent and soccer for Charlton and was a "proper" centre forward with post war brylcream good looks. Happy memories

Did you bump into Larry eating his kippers? The Brighton Belle used to run non-stop, didn't it? Thought the East Croydon stop was a fairly recent thing. Now of course they stop at Clapham Junction. Southern want to add a Gatwick stop too. Hate to see Charlton in this state if that's the case. Their fans were very gracious over the 4-0 in 2010-2011 (one of those games where every chance you score) and the banter on the station after the 2-1 was superb. All the best in getting out of it, Fataddick.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Looks like Charlton will be signing young Jordan Cook (released by Sunderland) to replace Kermagant - assuming he moves on) and midfielder Lawrie Wilson from Stevenage, who ironocally is a Charlton youth product...................................welcome home! Hmmmm?

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
NO way is CMS going anywhere, Id be staggered if he did, and devastated.

Exactly this! also as someone else mentioned fans United day, we meet a few Charlton at Redhill train station and they were top fellas we ended up spending all day together on the beer and ended up in the away end with them (first and only time I was in the away end at the Goldstone)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here