Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Mackail-Smith to Charlton...

ChazzyBHA

Dec 27, 2011
A few Charlton fans believe they are getting CMS tomorrow. I think this is complete bull as he wouldn't leave a promotion chasing team for a team that has just come up. I think Charlton are a great side, but I just don't see this happening. He could prove to be quite an important player for us this season.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Then they're f***ing deluded ! :lolol: unless they want to spend over 3mill then they've no chance :)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Would be suprised.

If could get 2.5 million + then have to say wouldnt be to upset.

That said I do think he will get us 15 + this season

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
What a load of horseshit. It'd take a bid of at least £3-4 million for Gus and Tony to even think about it, which Charlton clearly don't have.

Don't think this will happen but the mood and posts on this forum are eerily similar to those on the P'boro forum the day before he signed for little ol' Brighton...

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If they'll pay what we paid last year they can have him!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Charlton are a big club, get great crowds, good manager and have a bit of cash to spend. I think CMS would go if we were prepared to sell. We could be quite tempted if it meant getting most of our money back and had a good replacement lined up.

I also think he will do well next season.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Nothing on the Charlton board about it, they simply haven't got the money.

Charlton fans are nervous for this coming season because they've not much at all to spend considering they blew most of it last season getting the squad ready for the Championship hence them dominating the league last season.

I think they got over 15 new players last season.

Nothing on the Charlton board about it, they simply haven't got the money.

Charlton fans are nervous for this coming season because they've not much at all to spend considering they blew most of it last season getting the squad ready for the Championship hence them dominating the league last season.

I think they got over 15 new players last season.

This, talking to mate of mine whose Charlton fan yesterday and he reckons this year for them is consolidating their place back in the Championship, and that it will take a few years for them to start building a team that can push for a return to the Premier League. Can't see them having the money to bring in CMS IMO

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Possible, but I can't see it being finalised until after we sign 'The Gem', and one other striker, so I doubt it will be done and announced tomorrow.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think Charlton, because they have no money and a squad (like ours was when we came up) built to win League 1 with not enough pre-planning for what the Championship needs, will struggle........................... bottom half and competing withthe likes of Bristol City and Posh to go down. They will not be competing to buy CMS.

Huddersfield and Wednesday have money and are spending it to enhance their squads with Championship experience and quality........ both in my view will be competing for the play-offs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here