Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Davies Sweepstake

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Which minute of tonight's match will Craig Davies miss a one-on-one?

My guess: 84.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Which minute of tonight's match will Craig Davies miss a one-on-one?

My guess: 84.

He’s missed a few sitters granted but I still think he looks pretty class. Good at holding the ball up and a pretty good first touch too. I think he needs to pop a couple goals in for a confidence boost.

I sincerely hope people don’t start giving him the Hawkins treatment by getting on his back and sapping what little confidence he does have.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The one thing Davies seems to lack is composure in front of goal. He has terrific touch and control, a great attitude, gets in good positions, works his bollocks off running the channels and holds the ball up well. He has ALL the attributes, but just needs to get that heartbeat of composure he needs when he's got the ball at his feet in front of goal. Its quite painful to watch at the moment because he's clearly just trying TOO hard. If he could just relax a little, he'll begin converting these chances, and his composure will come through confidence.

I think he looks a great prospect. If we keep faith with him, we could have a very good player there.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
The one thing Davies seems to lack is composure in front of goal. He has terrific touch and control, a great attitude, gets in good positions, works his bollocks off running the channels and holds the ball up well. He has ALL the attributes, but just needs to get that heartbeat of composure he needs when he's got the ball at his feet in front of goal. Its quite painful to watch at the moment because he's clearly just trying TOO hard. If he could just relax a little, he'll begin converting these chances, and his composure will come through confidence.

I think he looks a great prospect. If we keep faith with him, we could have a very good player there.

Couldn't agree more.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009

Agreed. Maybe he needs a session with Zola. Certainly done the trick for Carlton Cole. Or, perhaps Forster can give him some after school lessons.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
hope he scores and gets on NSC and gives you grief !
i like him and he will come good, time on the pitch and a goal = confidence !
go on lad :ascarf:

I'd rather he did than spend good money watching schoolboy finishing. :ascarf:

84, no more offers? Or have I got this sweepstake sewn up?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

You really are sad, aren't you? You get real enjoyment out of slagging off a player who is young and a bit short of confidence at the moment. Most fans actually support Brighton players rather than slagging them off at the slightest chance. Why don't you do the same?

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton

I'd prefer not the stick the knife in on the team i supports players thanks
Why not go and support palace or something...

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Agreed Easy but its a slight drawback for a striker that he cannot shoot and cannot score don't you think ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
To be honest with Forster, Murray, Owusu, Robinson, Andrew we have an abundance of decent strikers and Davies is very much surplus to requirements from what I have seen so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here