Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CPRE Fantasist

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Just to wind everybody up ahead of the Council meeting this afternoon I thought I'd share this little gem from the Argus:

Letter: Ask the students to decide Falmer site

Having read the article about the proposed Falmer football stadium, I take issue with the claim it is "supported by virtually everyone in
the county" (The Argus, December 2).

Firstly, I doubt if many football-supporting men - less than half the population to start with - in this part of West Sussex are concerned. Most seem to support Portsmouth rather than Brighton and Hove Albion.

Secondly, the three brave
MPs quoted each obtained only between 35 and 39 per cent of the vote in their respective seats in the last General Election and can't, therefore, claim to speak for the majority of their constituents.

And many of those would have voted for the pro-conservation Green Party.

Given the threats by Albion
supporters to vote en-masse against them, perhaps MPs
Barlow, Lepper and Turner have decided it serves their electoral interests to keep these vocal
lobbyists in the Labour camp by
campaigning on their behalf - and by orchestrating a Commons' Early-Day Motion in support of
the proposed stadium.

Also to be condemned is their ill-tempered attack on Lewes District Council for deciding to challenge John Prescott's legally-dubious decision in favour of the stadium.

At least half the proposed
stadium site lies within Lewes
district (as does Falmer village), so the district council most certainly has locus standi to challenge a
decision which arguably breaks EU, if not UK, environmental
protection law.

This decision was evidently reached after a most disgraceful - not to say, intimidatory - lobbying campaign by Albion supporters.

What other private organisation, having sold off its property
at a loss, should then be allowed
to help itself to previously publicly- accessible land (bordering a
proposed national park in one of the most important landscapes in England), for reasons essentially of its own profit?

As I understand the site is owned by Brighton University, perhaps its graduate members
- many of whom, I imagine, would support Greenpeace or the Green Party - should be allowed to vote on the sale.

-P Carder, Campaign for the Protection of Rural England, Arun District

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Time for another revolution to cull idiots like this and to help prevent their genes being passed on.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
What annoys me is he is clearly against us lobbying (although presumably CPRE lobbying is okay); he assumes that students all vote Green (they really don't); and he continues to peddle the myth that the Albion deliberately sold the Goldstone instead of it being Archer's asset-stripping scam.

:censored:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The CPRE are a bunch of right wing nutters. You can't take their rambling seriously.

This sort of thing is great propaganda for the Albion - his half-witted ramblings only serve to illustrate the feebleness of their arguments.

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
What is it with these anti stadium wankers, they can never get their facts right.

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
'As I understand the site is owned by Brighton University, perhaps its graduate members
- many of whom, I imagine, would support Greenpeace or the Green Party - should be allowed to vote on the sale.'

Where do you start with this ... :nono:

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Don't stress people. There are always going to be idiots around, there are enough on this site for starters. We've got the ground, let's just enjoy the fact that we won and they didn't. They can write all the letters they want to the Argus. Won't make a rat's arse of difference.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
ShorehamGull said:
What is it with these anti stadium wankers, they can never get their facts right.

That for me is the most irritating aspect of the anti-Stadium lobby's campaign.

Dandyman

In London village.
Gwylan said:
The CPRE are a bunch of right wing nutters. You can't take their rambling seriously.

This sort of thing is great propaganda for the Albion - his half-witted ramblings only serve to illustrate the feebleness of their arguments.

:clap:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Does he also think that the Albion supporters really have that much sway over John Prescott and HM Government, especially when the first inspector dismissed us as a 'small provincial club'?

So which are we? Multi-national, mega-corporate uber-lobbyists or a bunch of psychotic hooligans?

f*** off back to Littlehampton or Arundel or whatever swamp liable to flooding you come from.

* Apologies to other Littlehampton / Arundel / Swamp residents. I'm sure it's not your fault you live there.

CUE ATILLA'S GREEN PARTY POEM...

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
LDC have to submit their appeal tomorrow to the high court right? does anyone know when we will know a result on whether it will go to a judicial review or not?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
It's funny how he says that the lobbying of Prescott was disgraceful and intimidating but Prescott himself said that it was very good humoured and innovative.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
The guy makes more assumptions in that letter then I have ever seen. The nimby campaign is still the same. Speak enough bollocks and someone will belive at least one bit of it.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Letter: Ask the students to decide Falmer site

Firstly, I doubt if many football-supporting men - less than half the population to start with - in this part of West Sussex are concerned. Most seem to support Portsmouth rather than Brighton and Hove Albion.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

obvously the majoroty of people who live in Brighton support Portsmouth, you cant walk around Chirchill Square now without seeing pompy scarves, flags and shirts :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here