Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

COX

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
been thinking.. i know dean cox has no chance of being named player of year but you dont think hes done more running on the pitch than any other player ??? and hes prob put more crosses in box than anyone ... more running than palace fans maybe ??? :lolol::albion2:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Agreed. He's not had a brilliant season but no player has. Unfortunately, along with Fraser, he gets more than his fair share of stick. On his day, he's brilliant. The Yeovil game showed that. If only he could beat the first man from a corner....

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Yes well ive got 5 Foot cox , 6 foot dicker and knights protecting me with 5 ft dicks:dunce:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Hes played well lately.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
He does a lot of scurrying about but he often looks displaced and un-aware like a headless chicken. He has hit form recently being played in the center which IS were he always has has best games although Micky was blind to see that.

Micky thought Hawkins was better than Lynch...:lolol:

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Agreed. He's not had a brilliant season but no player has. Unfortunately, along with Fraser, he gets more than his fair share of stick. On his day, he's brilliant. The Yeovil game showed that. If only he could beat the first man from a corner....

Not watched the last couple of games? each and every corner has gone over first man right into the 6yd box.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I think Cox has done bloody well this season. Crossing has been a bit suspect at times, but at least he gives 110%.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Think hes been excellent since Slade got his hands on him. Seems to be doing well in the new formation as well.

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
He has improved a lot and the majority of his corners were quite good vs Swindon.
He was very frustrating at the start of this season and for a lot of last season, but starting to show his potential again

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Improved immeasurably lately, but he should not have needed Slade or anybody else to coach him into beating the first man with a cross, corner or free kick. Extremely frustrating to watch for a lad with plenty of talent, but not as much as he thinks he has. I could run around the pitch like a loon for 90 minutes, failing to find my teammates with every cross, but it wouldn't mean I was contributing to the team.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Its taken 40 games to get it right then.

Not a fan, would get rid of him at the first opportunity. He appears to run a lot, as he chases in the wrong areas and 'looks like' he's working hard - not seen him win a 'lost cause' ball yet and don't anticipate doing so this season.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
but you dont think hes done more running on the pitch than any other player ??? and hes prob put more crosses in box than anyone ... more running than palace fans maybe ???

That is because he's a winger and the set piece taker :jester:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Also he is in a position to put more crosses in. The worst crossing performance i have ever seen was curtsy of him when he couldn't beat the first man at home to 9 men f***ing Walsall.

It annoys me that Mcleod is a much better crosser and set piece taker than him but he isnt given a chance.

Probably because he's a salad-dodging waste of space who doesn't look interested.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Probably because he's a salad-dodging waste of space who doesn't look interested.

:thumbsup: I always wonder why Dean Cox gets so much stick really. He is a very skillful player (probably our most creative midfielder for the last few years) and always works hard which is a rare combo these days especially for a winger. Fair enough he has been in poor form but maybe that comes with having been playing for a few years, managers start to know your name and tell players to get tight on you and make sure you dont get any space to create anything, time will tell if he's smart enough to work around that.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
I agree that Coxy can be a very good player and always works hard but, although he does put alot of crosses into the box, how many have we scored from? Not many!
Could be due to poor delivery or nobody attacking the balls, probably a mix of both

One annoying thing about him though is that, when he plays on the wing, he always seems to drift inside and leaves big gaps for their players to attack our full backs in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here