Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

cox and johnson doubtful

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
This could actually IMPROVE our midfield as he will be FORCED to play Thornton. Plus El Abd is suspended which is a big bonus. It's come to something when we're relying on injuries and suspensions for the manager to play our best players though.

Sounds promising that el abd's injured, is fraser dead by any chance?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
course he is. Do you really not think he's better than Fraser?

He is CAPABLE of being better than Fraser. But after yesterday, I never want to see him in an Albion shirt again as he CLEARLY could not give a toss about playing for us. He was a disgrace.

johnny jigsaw

"My life's in pieces"
What's the story with Steve Thomson? I know he's expected to go back up north, but why has he not featured in the squad recently? Is it an injury, or something else? If we are down to the bare bones, why is he not being asked to play, regardless of his situation? All hands to the pump, says I.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Cox is no loss either, he is clueless these days

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Johnson is currently blowing hot and cold...He goes from dragging our midfield through a game one week to being totally invisible the next.

As for Cox he did well to set Forster up yesterday but I am getting tired of his predictability on the left wing...He cuts inside everytime and once the full-back has sussed this out they can play Cox with ease. He needs to learn to use his left foot!

As for Thornton I am not quite sure. He looked quality against Cheltenham and was the driving force behind the Leicester come-back but other than that he has shown little. Whether this is because he has been continually left on the bench and therefore unable to get to a level of consistency I do not know. What is fustrating is that Kevin holds onto the ball for far too long and when he releases it to a team-mate they are already closed down. Now this could be down to the coaching but that is another story...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Will be losses because now Virgo walks straight back into midfield with McCleod who if he manages the whole game might be quite good. Not really improving our creativity is it

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
This could actually IMPROVE our midfield as he will be FORCED to play Thornton. Plus El Abd is suspended which is a big bonus. It's come to something when we're relying on injuries and suspensions for the manager to play our best players though.

Well that would solve the problem for one game as Thornton returns to Coventry after the game against Swindon so we'll be back to square one next week.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Other than setting up the only goal we've scored in weeks yesterday!

Some of you know I ran a youth footie team upto last season and I would have stopped Cox taking corners myself as he is so bad at them, everytime he takes one I expect us to be defending within 15 seconds.

As for Fraser he is like a broken pencil - pointless.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
He is CAPABLE of being better than Fraser. But after yesterday, I never want to see him in an Albion shirt again as he CLEARLY could not give a toss about playing for us. He was a disgrace.

Agreed.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Some of you know I ran a youth footie team upto last season and I would have stopped Cox taking corners myself as he is so bad at them, everytime he takes one I expect us to be defending within 15 seconds.
People focus on the bad ones, it barely gets a mention when we score from his corners. And there is the fact that at times we have had other takers and they've scarcely been any better. Cox has the ability to put a decent ball into the box but doesn't do it regularly enough, that and the fact others seem to have a similar problem makes me think it may be a coaching issue (and that's not knocking Adams cos it was the same last season - Paul Watson is back at the club now doing something or other, couldn't he give them a few sessions on set pieces?).

Anyway corners aren't the only thing in the game. Fact is Cox has always been among the leaders in terms of assists even when criticised as out of form, I think he's still very much worth a place. The other issue is if you drop him who do you replace him with? You've just said Fraser is pointless, so not him. McLeod? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here