Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Couple of interesting anti Baker letters from the Argus

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Wonder if these two are fans, the second one clearly isn't. I wonder how many people who voted for Baker are bothered by his outbursts though.

-----------------------------------------------

He doth protest too much

Brighton fans can hardly complain about the amount of self-publicity Norman Baker generates - after all, they did the same at every opportunity in their campaign for Falmer - but, on this occasion, methinks he doth protest too much.

In case he hadn't realised by now, John Prescott's involvement in the Falmer application has long since been taken out of his hands.

Rather, and quite rightly, the defence against the complaint was on behalf of a director of the club who, by implication, had been dragged into Mr Baker's crusade.
continued...

Just as this MP exercises his right of free speech on any issue whatsoever, the club exercised its right of reply.

The defence made by the club explains clearly why the complaint is unfounded and both parties are innocent.

I cannot see how this or a request for an apology constitutes an endorsement of Mr Prescott.

The club has no interest in taking any such action.

# Tony Lank, Bishops Close, Hurstpierpoint

----------------------------------------------
Chapman is not guilty by association

Let me assure Norman Baker he is barking up the wrong tree if he considers there was anything improper about Mr Prescott opening the offices of Adenstar in 2002.

Why anyone would suggest it was "eye popping" for our Government to wish to encourage a public-spirited construction company such as Adenstar is beyond me.

I have watched the progress of Adenstar over the years because, like its principle Derek Chapman, I care passionately about the city in which we live.
continued...

Mr Prescott will have recognised, as many others have, that Adenstar has an apprenticeship policy second to none and will have wished, as I am sure we all do, to encourage such public spiritedness in business.

I therefore find nothing strange or dubious in the actions of Mr Prescott or Mr Chapman.

What I do find "eye popping" is that the MP of our county town should make such unfounded remarks. I expect better from him, as slinging mud invariably dirties your own hands, even if it doesn't always stick to your adversary.

I am not a football supporter and I will probably never visit the stadium.

However, that does not mean the planned scheme should not go ahead for the benefit of others.

Sussex needs more sporting and leisure facilities. I do not expect an MP to be so openly hostile to any such progressive scheme.

# Michael Holland, managing director, Cherrywood Investments Ltd, Stanmer House, Brighton

Last edited:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Good lad Michael Holland!

Maybe he's someone we should be contacting about including in a statement pro-falmer?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Its good to know that there are some people out there who have no bias or agenda who realise what a complete tosser Baker is.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
fake slim said:
Good lad Michael Holland!

Maybe he's someone we should be contacting about including in a statement pro-falmer?

If he's the bloke behind the company who's just done up Stanmer House, then he'll be one of Chapman's business cronies, and will more than likely be a pro-Falmerite anyway.

Some strategic letter-writing going on there...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
If he's the bloke behind the company who's just done up Stanmer House, then he'll be one of Chapman's business cronies, and will more than likely be a pro-Falmerite anyway.

There we were thinking all Pro-Falmerites were intent on setroying Stanmer Park...
:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here