Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

County Ground Pavilion

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
In there for the Yorkshire game. Would like to think the club can build 'round it' Just has a great feel,the lower end seats and box can go,when the Sea end is re-developed,but please keep the pavilion. Lick of paint sure,maybe a few flags and flower baskets. I have been to some of thse 'new modern pavilions' Keep ours and likes of Worcester. That,s why cricket is different. In the age of 24/7 football,i just enjoy cricket.:bigwave:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Hants committed the crime of demolishing their pavilion and I would hope the fans would organise a massive demonstration if they ever planned to knock it down.

As we are never going to be able to build a megadome type stadium, I think it is as safe as houses.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Why not move the whole pavilion to a spanking new ground just south of the community stadium site? It shouldn't take more than, ooooo let me see, 1000 years.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
When does the sea end development start??? and how long will it take.

Surely they should start asap and get as much done before the start of next season as possible

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
When does the sea end development start??? and how long will it take.

Surely they should start asap and get as much done before the start of next season as possible

It was meant to start fairly soon, but there was a rumour doing the rounds that it has been put back again and the ground will stay as it is until after next seasons 20/20 games, then the work will start and Sussex will play at the out grounds for the rest of the season.

Might even be a game at Eastbourne, which will be messy....

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Would love to see them go to Clair Hall, Haywards Heath:D

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hants committed the crime of demolishing their pavilion and I would hope the fans would organise a massive demonstration if they ever planned to knock it down.

As we are never going to be able to build a megadome type stadium, I think it is as safe as houses.

I think that it's a Grade 2 listed building. I'm not a 100% positive about that though. It would certainly be bad news to lose it

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Oh, and while I'm in a cricket ground mood, does anyone know where DURHAM played before the Riverside? I know they haven't been a proper county for that long, but they still must have played somewhere before the current ground got built.

Sort of (as we were speaking to some of their members the other week), it seems they moved around the grounds in the north east. They use to play a few at Darlington (next to the old Feethams ground) and even in Hartlepool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here