Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

County Championship Finale

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can't buy into this. I bloody hate Somerset. This is mainly after witnessing some of their antics at Hove over the years. I will particularly enjoy watching Peter Trego's face if they do miss out.

I was born and brought up in Devon near the Somerset border, spent loads of time watching Somerset as a cricket-mad kid in the Richards/Botham/Garner era so I hope they win. Happy memories.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Yorkshire at 2/1 look massive. Just can't see a draw, they've both got to try and engineer a win.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Maybe I'm missing something here, but why aren't all games played at the same time? This is the final round of games isn't it?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Maybe I'm missing something here, but why aren't all games played at the same time? This is the final round of games isn't it?

There are nine teams in the first division, so they can't all finish at the same time. That said, the ones that mattered DID all start on the same day - Somerset just won in three days, so finished yesterday.

Zawn Kellys

Feb 14, 2012
Am i missing something? Middx need to win don't they - why are they scoring at under 2 an over? i thought they would be trying to score quick to force a win.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
There are nine teams in the first division, so they can't all finish at the same time. That said, the ones that mattered DID all start on the same day - Somerset just won in three days, so finished yesterday.

Ah I see - I hadn't realised they'd played and finished. Thanks

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Am i missing something? Middx need to win don't they - why are they scoring at under 2 an over? i thought they would be trying to score quick to force a win.

Exactly it should be 20/20 cricket now, hit out or get out, get 150 in the next 15 overs gives them 35 overs go get them all out and Yorkshire 250 at 7 runs an over

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

It makes sense to me, what they don't want is to score at 4 or 5 an over and lose 7 wickets in an hour. Yorkshire also have to win so if the target is 200 in 20 overs, then Yorks will go for it

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It makes sense to me, what they don't want is to score at 4 or 5 an over and lose 7 wickets in an hour. Yorkshire also have to win so if the target is 200 in 20 overs, then Yorks will go for it
declaration bowling on now - interesting

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Seems like Middlesex and Yorkshire have reached some kind of agreement where Middlesex are going to **** it around the ground for fun for a while, then declare to let Yorkshire have a go at whatever target they post.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
This stinks.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
How on earth has the Middlesex batsman managed to get out from that?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Need Yorkshire to take another quick wicket or two, that'll put paid to the manoeuvring.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Last 4 overs from Lyth and Lees... 22, 9 20, 23... and a wicket.

Last 10 overs 88/2 RR8.80

Middx 313-5, leading by 193, with 45 remaining.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here