Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

County Championship Finale

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I would love to see Somerset win it. Assuming they win against Notts, I think they will win CC if Midds don't win and if Yorks don't win and score 350+ - is that right? So, Yorks to be all out for less than 350 and go on to win - or a draw. sound right?

Correct. Today is title defining I think. If Yorks do lift themselves to 350 from 235/6, I'd fancy them to win the game and the title.

There is a bloke in my office who looks like the spitting image of Viz's Mr Logic. He is a member of the MCC and is all suited and ready to trot off to Lords later this morning. I hope they fck it up. :lolol:

Zawn Kellys

Feb 14, 2012
The next wicket in Midds-Yorks looks vital. Yorks tail has Patterson (ave 16), Brooks (16) and Sidebottom (13)

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Correct me if I'm wrong, but are the possible outcomes the following:

If Middlesex win their game, they win regardless of other results
If Yorkshire win whilst scoring 299 or fewer, and Somerset win, Somerset win the title
If Yorkshire win whilst scoring 300-349, and Somerset win, both teams will finish on level points*
If Yorkshire win and score 350 or greater, they take the title
If Middlesex and Yorkshire draw, and Somerset win, Somerset take the title?

*if equal points, aren't teams ranked on wins, fewest losses and then (if the previous tied) total runs scored?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yorks 303/6, Tim Bresnan now has 103* :clap2:

They now need 47 more runs from 15 overs to take the batting points they need to give themselves a chance. That would also represent a useful 80 run lead, not quite enough to have batted Middlesex out of the game, IMO.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Breslad has been absolutely superb in this match so far. Pick of the bowlers, despite bowling mainly with an old ball and has batted fantastically.

Reminded me what a remarkable cricketer he is. Shame that injury brought a premature end to his test career.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Breslad has been absolutely superb in this match so far. Pick of the bowlers, despite bowling mainly with an old ball and has batted fantastically.

Reminded me what a remarkable cricketer he is. Shame that injury brought a premature end to his test career.
He has but I fear those at the other end are going to let him down in the chase to 350.

It's a difficult watch as an honorary Yorkshire fan. I mentioned them as "we" the other day and my son said "but you're from Sussex dad". I've lived in Yorkshire for 25 years but the thing that's finally swung it is that the lad has been playing for S. York's under 9s this season and will be training at Headingley over the winter as part of the Yorkshire under 10 squad. I can't help but feel affinity for "them" now!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
So tense this. Sidebottom dropped off Finn. Bresnan back on strike with 11 required....

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Come on Middx, I want Somerset to win the thing. Still need 9 for that all important point.....

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Play to resume in about 5 minutes. There's talk of Middlesex deliberately bowling a wide to give Yorkshire the 350 they need and keep them interested in getting a result in the match. It would be classic last match stuff, but Somerset fans won't be too pleased.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Incredible drama. Have to fancy Yorkists now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here