Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

County Championship Finale

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
WHAT a final ball.

Roland-Jones finishes it with a hat-trick.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Middlesex are COUNTY CHAMPIONS :clap2:

RJ Sidebottom b Roland-Jones 0 (3m 1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00

Yorkshire 178 all out (35.2 overs). Middlesex win by 61 runs.

Roland-Jones wins it with a HAT-TRICK and 10 wickets in the match :clap:

#cricketisthewinner

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Unbelievable scenes, Ritchie.

Quite a game, quite a cricket season. Well done to Middlesex, really pleased for Mike Selvey, his last day after being let go by The Guardian after 31 years. Yorkshire gave it their best shot. Somerset would have been the romantic winners. 141 years of hurt.

PG

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Just got back from the home of cricket. What a game, well done Middlesex. Great turn out also. Still, would have been so much more if teo of the days had been over the weekend

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just got back from the home of cricket. What a game, well done Middlesex. Great turn out also. Still, would have been so much more if teo of the days had been over the weekend

There was a great crowd today but reckon it would have been a sellout if it was on a Saturday. Great game though, I thought the Middlesex declaration was generous but I was so wrong.

Feel for Somerset though, that's twice in six years they've been denied in the last half hour of the season.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
There was a great crowd today but reckon it would have been a sellout if it was on a Saturday. Great game though, I thought the Middlesex declaration was generous but I was so wrong.

Feel for Somerset though, that's twice in six years they've been denied in the last half hour of the season.

Did you go Gwylan? Which stand?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
No, sadly I was working. But I saw the pictures of the crowded Compton and Edrich stands. If I didn't have a deadline to hit I'd have been tempted

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Can't see Middlesex winning it. If they lose early wickets this morning, they may try and shut up shop and play for 2nd prize money. Hit out for show, defend for dough.

All shire England surely wants Somerset to win, not least to make a point to the city franchise hawks at the ECB. Rural England remains the beating heart of cricket in this country.

PG

Franklin is no coward, just a master tactician

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I thought it all ended in a bit of a farce which was dissapointing, was bound to happen i guess.

its not how i like to seee County championships decided.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here