Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Countries bidding for the 2018 and 2022 world cups

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
FIFA are going to award both world cups at same time.

So far it looks like the bidders will be Japan, China, Qatar, Mexico, the United States, Russia, and Australia, Canada, England, and joint bids from Spain/Portugal, and Holland/Belgium.

It won't take place in South America or Africa according to the rules.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Japan co-hosted in 2002 didn't they? They should f*** off for starters.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Australia please! Ill be living out there by then

Good job Africa can't have it - imagine what it'd be like in Zimbabwe!
You'd need far more Zimbabwean dollars than these to ride the bus to the stadium.....

Attachments

• dollars.jpg
    dollars.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 77

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Us and either China or Quatar I would say, more likely China as they have proved how good they are after the Olympics.

Oct 25, 2003
Japan- they hosted it in 2002 so they can f*** off
China- will have quite a lot of money behind them, will have plenty of stadiums, and might be decent at the old soccer ball thing by then
Qatar- joke
Mexico- already hosted it TWICE
United States- 1994, very few decent soccer specific stadiums, BUT will have money behind them
Russia-same as china, will have decent stadiums and a fair bit of money to put behind their campaign
Australia-hmm, not much football history, BUT a decent market for football, good stadiums and that
Canada- f*** all football history, doubt they have any decent football specific stadiums- do they even LIKE football?
England- decent stadiums, shit infrastructure which could be improved by the olympics, good football history, pretty much all of the other 'big footballing nations' have hosted since us, premier league big etc. and
Spain/Portugal- spain hosted in 1982 and i thought they were getting rid of joint bids?
Holland/Belgium.-same as spain/portugal regarding joint bids, have also joint hosted a european championship fairly recently, and belgium are hardly a football HEAVYWEIGHT

It won't take place in South America or Africa according to the rules.
i thought they were getting rid of the rotation thing?

i reckon we should get it:thumbsup:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Euro 96 was pretty shit aside from England , partly empty stadiums dour football. Don't think we shone in that which I think does matter as Mexico mentioned again probably purely on past major championships

Oct 25, 2003
I'd love the World Cup to be hosted here, and Canada would do a bloody good job of it.

Think Skydome (Rogers Centre), Montreal Olympic Stadium. Toronto FC's stadium BMO Field was used for the 2007 FIFA U-20 World Cup.

i'll admit to not knowing much about much about football in canada, how big is it there?

i think for a world cup you need about 10 40,000+ stadiums- do canada have that (football stadiums that is)

i've always imagined it to be a country that isn't overly interested in football

Pork Sword

Banned
Jan 5, 2007
I personally would hate it to be in England. All of our games at Wembley. Want to take over some foreign country again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here