Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Could This Be A Record?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I’ve just checked the latest county cricket scores Leicestershire are batting, against Yorkshire, and after 12 overs are 15 for 7. Ouch! :ohmy:
A partnership of 37 for the 9th wicket has given the score a smidgen of respectability...
Currently 58/8, so the fight back is ON! :)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I’ve just checked the latest county cricket scores Leicestershire are batting, against Yorkshire, and after 12 overs are 15 for 7. Ouch! :ohmy:
It wouldn't be a record anyway. The lowest CC score is 12 and I can remember when Essex bowled Surrey out for 14 - that was only about 40 years ago

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Speaking of records does anybody remember this radio personality?

John Records Landecker

His mother, Marjorie Records, was a "farm girl from Indiana".[2] His middle name, the source of questions throughout his career, was not, as most assumed, a stage name. His mother's maiden name was Records (her full name was Majorie Victoria Records as Landecker himself told during the 2008 BIG89 Rewind on 890 WLS AM) and was given to him at birth. "Records truly is my middle name" is a saying Landecker frequently used on the air.

During his time in Toronto, Landecker did a funny two-minute bit called 'Trudeau Talks Cute' in which he would ask set-up questions that would be followed by a tape recording of Canada's then-Prime Minister, the very popular Pierre Trudeau. The initialism of 'Trudeau Talks Cute' was TTC, which was also used to play up the often-unpopular Toronto Transit Commission.

John's daughter is the Hollywood actress Amy Landecker. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Landecker Amy is married to Bradley Whitford who some will remember from the Handmaids Tale and The West Wing.

She began dating actor Bradley Whitford, whom she met on the set of Transparent, in 2015.[16] They announced their engagement in March 2018 and married on July 17, 2019.

In 2011, Landecker was a regular cast member of The Paul Reiser Show on NBC, playing Paul Reiser's wife, Claire.[

Recently Bradley Whitford's father-in-law moved to my hometown and has started talking about "our town" on the radio. And RECORDS truly is his middle name!

1725885506264.png

Amy Landecker

1725885555952.png

Bradley Whitford

Last edited:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
It wouldn't be a record anyway. The lowest CC score is 12 and I can remember when Essex bowled Surrey out for 14 - that was only about 40 years ago
Apparently the lowest score at the fall of the 7th wicket since the second world war is just 8, by Nottinghamshire against Essex in 2003. They "recovered" to 78 all out, and eventually lost [unsurprisingly] by over 200runs.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I remember that well. I didn't know about it until me paper round the following morning and stood in the street reading about it all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here