Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could Sheff Wed actually go down?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would be just reward for Mandaric sacking Irvine and replacing him with a manager who is from an old school of thought on football and not kept up with the modern game..

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It would be quite funny - I can't stand Mandaric. Their league form since beasting Rovers 6-2. Starting with the 6-2 victory...

WLLDLDLDLLDWLWLLLD

11 points from their last 51 (excluding the Bristol Rovers victory). Current form suggests they might struggle to reach 50 points.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
If you look on BBC stats, Brentford have had 69% of possession.

How many times does a manager have to fail, before he's not rewarded with another job?

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
I thought they said they would walk the league as they where so so big......LOL

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Can't stand Milan Manaric. Wouldn't even look at his manager when he walked past him on Saturday after being sent off. Can't imagine that will last much longer.

The bloke is an idiot. There is also a touch of financial malevolence about him too.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Agreed - can't see any of those bottom 4 catching Wednesday over 8 games unfortunately.
Walsall and Bristol Rovers are showing a bit of fight, but are possibly too far adrift (4 points + 1 game with 7 to play, and 7 points with only 8 to play). Mind you, I think we've earmarked Wednesday at home for a routine win so that should be one game Wednesday will get nothing from.

I wouldn't rule out relegation entirely, but it does mean either Walsall or Bristol R are going to need to show play off form from here on in. Something we managed under SALDE of course.

Can't stand Milan Manaric. Wouldn't even look at his manager when he walked past him on Saturday after being sent off. Can't imagine that will last much longer.

The bloke is an idiot. There is also a touch of financial malevolence about him too.
I too f***ing hate Madaric. He's a charlatan interested only in making a fast buck, and yet their fans consider him a saviour rather than a necessary evil.

f*** em. I do hope they go down, and the scenes on Owlstalk are quite splendid this evening. :lolol:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Aside from playing us and SCC, Walsall have a reasonable looking run in, which includes a home game against Wendy. I wouldn't back against them getting 11-12 points from their last 7 to finish with 51-52, and I really can't see where Wendy's next win is coming from!

LS6

Nov 9, 2010
Sadly, too many other crap sides in League One so they will stay up. Plymouth with their 10 points back might have made it interesting though!

See I think most of the teams down there have a decent chance of picking wins up. I'd be very very worried if I was a Wednesday fan

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
They deserve it for keeping Palarse up. Sadly the bottom four are just too far behind.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
8 games ago Bournemouth were one point behind us.

Now they are 21 points adrift.

Wouldn't rule anything out at this stage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here