Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

could have played it

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The ref has to take a guess nearly 8 hours in advance, the weather forecast was bad.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
dougdeep said:
The ref has to take a guess nearly 8 hours in advance, the weather forecast was bad.

Does he?

Surely he doesn't HAVE to decide that early.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
East Preston Gull said:

They could have played it but didn't fancy it.

W***ers!
:censored:

You're kidding right? It's been absolutely pissing it down here for the last 3 days. I'd be surprised if the ref didn't get washed down the road by a comedy wave of water when he opened the door to Ashton Gate.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
dougdeep said:

This was probably to stop the team and supporters travelling sio well done to Bristol City although it was a pain not playing today.

Much better than when we went to Halifax a few seasons ago and was just pulling in to the car park at the ground at about 7.00pm and the match was called off.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
How many Albion fans in Bristol?

More than at Withdean by the looks of things!

Weather was crap...game rightly called off...

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Agreed, I got soaked walking from my car to my house (Bishopston, near the rovers ground) last night. No way we could have played that game. Driving past the Downs today there are huges great puddles, no lakes, all over the place.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The ref gave his explanation on the official site.

Former Premiership official Dunne said, "I've spoken to the Football League and informed them in my opinion the game can't take place this evening.

"There are pools of water on the pitch, and having spoken to the groundsmen for the local weather forecast, it was a straightforward decision to call the match off.

"Brighton don't want to travel all the way to Bristol if the game had no chance of going ahead, so we had to make the decision early.

"There is no way the game could take place tonight."

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Maybe they should have had a game of water polo instead to keep East Preston Gull happy??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here