Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could Bobby Zamora return to Brighton this summer?

Could Bobby return this summer?

• Total voters

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Well? If Tony & Gus really are serious about competing for the Premier League, he would be a cracking signing and would fit perfectly into our style.

OK, I accept that it is at best unlikely, but is it just about within the parameters of plausability, or will he still be well out of our league this summer (in terms of transfer fee, wages and aspirations)?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
yeah I'll have some of what your smoking please!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not a chance. Established Premier League striker on the fringes of the England squad. Get real.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Errr he'll start making the Fulham first team again before too long, so yes, a clear possibility!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Oops - voted wrong
read clear possibility as clearly impossible (can a mod alter my vote?)

Theres no chance what so ever he will return to us for next season

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Of course he could.

He made a visit on crutches this season.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
I think the Bobster will be back - at some point anyway. He's past the 30-mark now, and he's said that he wants to play for us again before he finishes. Gus & Tony do not make decisions on the basis of sentiment or past reputation, but his signing would be the ultimate statement of intent. In two months time, we will be a completely different club, with above-average clout in the transfer market by Championship standards and, for prospective signings, the draw of coming to a club which is on the up and led by the best young manager in the country.

This year is probably too early because he still has England aspirations and would need to stay in the Premiership for that. 2012 maybe!

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Yes, he would be a good signing to link up with Gareth Barry when he comes back this summer!! :thumbsup:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
İbrahim Tatlıses;4029149 said:
Could happen, he has publicly stated countless times his love for Brighton since he left us. Has also watched us play many times as a fan, including this season.

Bellamy did it for Cardiff, so it's not unheard of in football. The only obstacle would be the wonga, he must be on £40k a week at least.

The big difference is that at International football Wales will readily pick and start players from lower leagues, England however won't pick and play a fringe player like Bobby Z if he is playing in the Championship and i would have thought that he still has the desire to play for England again and as often as possible so wouldn't return to us just yet (if at all) for this reason.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
never say never, but not this year. or next really. he's got a couple good years at premiership level, longer if he accepts bench warming. in his boots i'd be looking to make the 2012 Euros, cant see dropping out of the top tier until then. also, contracted with Fulham to 2014. shall we park this issue until 2013 at least?

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
The big difference is that at International football Wales will readily pick and start players from lower leagues, England however won't pick and play a fringe player like Bobby Z if he is playing in the Championship and i would have thought that he still has the desire to play for England again and as often as possible so wouldn't return to us just yet (if at all) for this reason.

I think you're right that it's his aspirations rather than the money that's most important. Understandably (and rightly) he still thinks he can play for England, but Capello may decide that picking a 30 year old with a single cap to his name is not the way forward for Euro 2012. At that point, is a diet of mid-table Premiership mediocrity playing for Fulham and Mark Hughes really going to motivate the guy?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
What is wrong with some people? We're just a team who's about to win the third tier, Zamora is a top Prem striker who scored just under 20 when he was fully fit, If you really think Zamora is going to leave Fulham then it'd be for someone else in the Premier League, not a team who's just entering Championship standard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here