Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

could anyone keep us up?

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
This season is very depressing and we are almost certainly doomed. What I can't understand is why everyone on here seems so surprised! What did you actually expect? An exciting push for the play-offs?! We survived on the last day of last season with a signigicantly better side than we have now. Pretty much all our talented players have been sold off leaving us with aging mediocrity and some raw, talented youngsters. The only other teams in the division in a similar financial state to us are Millwall (although they now have a wealthy benefactor) and Crewe and these two currently sit below us in the table

Let's face it, we were doomed before the season started and no manager in the country would have been able to save us.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
had more money this year than any year I can remember in supporting the club. Wasted it. Thats why Im dissapointed as after last year staying up with nothing I thought we had a real chance

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Maybe we will...maybe we won't

But all this bitching amongst ourselves isn't working

The players showed some fight last night.... first time since Leeds at home in my opinion , lets get behind them on saturday and if we are gonna go down lets go down fighting for f*** sake, not with a wimper and constant bitching and moaning.

Whether you want Mcghee in or out, Knight isn't going to sack him.... so we might as well get behind the whole team and the whole backroom staff and do what we can.

That is unless you have some sick pleasure in moaning and then if we go down say i told you so

COME ON !!!!!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Good shout blockhseagull, everyon should get behind MM.
After all, we all SUPPORT the club dont we?..

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
we need to find our best formation and stick to it (preferably without midfielders up front and defenders in midfield). Problem is, it should have happened by September, not February

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Don't think i personally could do a lot worse than 6 wins in 47 games to be honest. I may never have played profesionally, but i know how to manage people and get the best out of them.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
3gulls said:
So he should walk as well! :nono:

Yeah right, the guy saves us from Archer et al, Helps steer us from the verge of the conference to championship football, gets us a ground at Falmer and because we are struggling as we are clearly punching above our weight...yeah lets get rid of the chairman

:angry: :angry:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
blockhseagull said:
Maybe we will...maybe we won't

But all this bitching amongst ourselves isn't working

The players showed some fight last night.... first time since Leeds at home in my opinion , lets get behind them on saturday and if we are gonna go down lets go down fighting for f*** sake, not with a wimper and constant bitching and moaning.

Whether you want Mcghee in or out, Knight isn't going to sack him.... so we might as well get behind the whole team and the whole backroom staff and do what we can.

That is unless you have some sick pleasure in moaning and then if we go down say i told you so

COME ON !!!!!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Well said that Man.

It's one of the worst cliches EVER, but we are NOT down yet and until it becomes a mathematical impossibility, what's the point in not continuing to support the team?

We STILL have a number of winnable games left and the other teams have difficult games to come.

We CANNOT throw in the towel.

We HAVE to keep backing the team.

:clap2: :clap2:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Cheers

Nice to see some support for a fellow southampton exile

Now lets get three points on saturday and stop bitching about McGhee, Knight and lack of striker !!!

:clap2: :clap2:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Dougal said:
had more money this year than any year I can remember in supporting the club. Wasted it. Thats why Im dissapointed as after last year staying up with nothing I thought we had a real chance

Totally agree. Had some of the Virgo and Harding money and the coca cola cash been spent well we could be safe by now. Instead we got another "one for the future", a crock (Dodd), and lined the pockets of a dodgy agent.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Yeah but the cash was gained from selling players.... so effectively weakening the squad

And can't replace with better, as that would mean spending more than we got in

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Dougal said:

:clap:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
blockhseagull said:
gets us a ground at Falmer :angry: :angry:

What ground at Falmer? We ain't got it yet. And if we get it, it will soon be proven to be too small when he goes and we get a Chairman with money and ambition, and push for the Premiership. :salute:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
3gulls said:
What ground at Falmer? We ain't got it yet. And if we get it, it will soon be proven to be too small when he goes and we get a Chairman with money and ambition, and push for the Premiership. :salute:

The ground we HAVE been given permission for !!!!

Oh yeah, didn't see the queue of Russian millionaires wanting to invest in the club

:shootself :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here