Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Could anyone give a relatively new supporter a rundown on BHA squad players?

YamakawaZuki

Aug 16, 2024
Hi, new poster here. I’ll get this bit out the way: I’m a spurs fan. Have been since I was 4 years old so there’s no shifting it, and believe me I’ve tried. Roughly once a year since 1985. My dad’s from north London and it’s the family team as much as there is such a thing - he’s more into cricket, But I’m also a lifelong resident of the Brighton area (just outside actually but it’s always been my city, however torn I might feel about that). I’ve really been more in Sussex ccc and grown up going with my dad as a season ticket holder at Hove.

anyway, I’ve always followed Brighton, I remember being with friends at college getting bits of the turf at the old goldstone in the bad days. im trying to follow us a bit more without pretending to be something I’m not, and have over the last few seasons become more and more involved. It would be nice to go and watch some matches when I’m able - I have some long term health issues. Really, I think from Bloom downwards the club has become such an exciting, fresh, experiment that represents everything I like in football. Sign the kids, basically.

i know most of the squad pretty well but was wondering if anyone could give me a rundown on how they think players did last season - obviously I saw the drop off in performance. Players like baleba for example, I don’t know what his season was like. He looked a bit raw from my extremely limited viewings. I was really excited when we picked up the South American trio but that seems to have died down a bit; how are they doing? Are there any opinions on some of the younger players, which are most exciting? Obviously minteh has done well. How do you think pre season has gone, what sort of lineups were starting? Any thoughts on the new manager’s play style?

as a spurs fan, I feel jealous of Brighton’s forward line and attacking midfielders. I’m quite familiar with osman, and saw a bit of the african players (was it in the norwegian league, that team that must have an academy out there or something) starting with nuamah who generated excitement a couple of seasons ago. and as a brighton follower, im definitely envious of spurs central midfield and defence. What are people's thoughts on the centre backs. i feel like thats a bit of an issue. i havent been keem on julio fro, what ive seen, and the links seem to be to relatively small players for that position - not that that's everything but…

im not demanding answers to all these things, just thought I’d introduce myself and say what’s on my mind in case anyone felt like chatting or enlightening me. :)

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
Reminds me of the Chinese Civil Service entry exam which reputedly consists of one question: "WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING YOU KNOW."

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Well last season our manager RDZ was sacked with one game left which made the season finish with a bit of a whimper. The chairman PBOBE said he was welcome to come back at any time but I’m not sure he will.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Hi, new poster here. I’ll get this bit out the way: I’m a spurs fan. Have been since I was 4 years old so there’s no shifting it, and believe me I’ve tried. Roughly once a year since 1985. My dad’s from north London and it’s the family team as much as there is such a thing - he’s more into cricket, But I’m also a lifelong resident of the Brighton area (just outside actually but it’s always been my city, however torn I might feel about that). I’ve really been more in Sussex ccc and grown up going with my dad as a season ticket holder at Hove.

anyway, I’ve always followed Brighton, I remember being with friends at college getting bits of the turf at the old goldstone in the bad days. im trying to follow us a bit more without pretending to be something I’m not, and have over the last few seasons become more and more involved. It would be nice to go and watch some matches when I’m able - I have some long term health issues. Really, I think from Bloom downwards the club has become such an exciting, fresh, experiment that represents everything I like in football. Sign the kids, basically.

i know most of the squad pretty well but was wondering if anyone could give me a rundown on how they think players did last season - obviously I saw the drop off in performance. Players like baleba for example, I don’t know what his season was like. He looked a bit raw from my extremely limited viewings. I was really excited when we picked up the South American trio but that seems to have died down a bit; how are they doing? Are there any opinions on some of the younger players, which are most exciting? Obviously minteh has done well. How do you think pre season has gone, what sort of lineups were starting? Any thoughts on the new manager’s play style?

as a spurs fan, I feel jealous of Brighton’s forward line and attacking midfielders. I’m quite familiar with osman, and saw a bit of the african players (was it in the norwegian league, that team that must have an academy out there or something) starting with nuamah who generated excitement a couple of seasons ago. and as a brighton follower, im definitely envious of spurs central midfield and defence. What are people's thoughts on the centre backs. i feel like thats a bit of an issue. i havent been keem on julio fro, what ive seen, and the links seem to be to relatively small players for that position - not that that's everything but…

im not demanding answers to all these things, just thought I’d introduce myself and say what’s on my mind in case anyone felt like chatting or enlightening me. :)
4 o'clock. But only on a Tuesday.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022

4 o'clock. But only on a Tuesday.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Welcome.

My take. South Americans are all young, and like any young player they will look great, fade, then come again. It takes experience to become consitent.

I agree with your take on defence. We are heavily reliant on Dunk and Van Hecke (who are a great combo). Either get injured and you're in to Webster and Igor who are not as good. Ideally we would sign one more centre half before the window closes, but that may be being greedy.

Jury out on Baleba for me. Looks great at times, woeful at others. He certainly has all the makings of a great Premier League player, but probably needs good players around him to get the best out of him. Felt like he was a bit stretched when he played last season. Feel like this is the season where he either shines or drifts backwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here