Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cordless mice

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Do they last long?

Just got the out-of-the-box ones in. Maybe I'll get some rechargable AAAs.

Depends on the brand of the mouse and the brand of the batteries.

The better brand mouse will last longer, better brand batteries last longer.

I use Energizer rechargables and they last a long time.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Mine has a built in battery, there are three little lights on the side of the mouse, when it goes down to one light I pop it in it's cradle overnight to recharge it.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
desprateseagull said:
uniross (green/silver) have been serving me well for years- try get the higher ampage ones, for a longer lasting charge. fnar!

The red ones die within a few days.

Just get 4 rechargable batteries, use 2 (or how many you need) and keep the other 2 on charge and switch around when needed.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
desprateseagull said:
uniross (green/silver) have been serving me well for years- try get the higher ampage ones, for a longer lasting charge. fnar!

I also use them in my mouse. have to have rechargable batterys in mouse because they do run out rather quick. 1300mah

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Very annoying when you have two young children who wave the thing around like its a bloody toy and in one case take it to the toilet with them so that they can still play on the computer whilst having a crap!

I did also used to find it lost connectivity quite a lot, but then I bought some decent batteries!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I can't use a mouse in my right hand anymore due to some kind of nerve damage I got about 4 years ago.

At work, I have to use a electronic artists tablet in conjunction with a special mouse in my left hand.

(I've right handed)

In order to use that I have to make much bigger "sweeps" - basically all my movement is in the shoulder.

To stop me falling off the seat - I also got some expensive surgeons rests to support my arms.

:lolol:

It took about a month for brain to work everything out, but now I'm better and more precise than I ever was before.

It also has the added bonus of no-one being able to use my computer.

(not even left handed people)

I've also got a rare keyboard with odd shaped keys (not the spilt variety)

Basically - it forces your hands to make a very slight angle outwards - but the resulting change in movement of your shoulders is significant - ie reduces back pain.

Everyone who uses the keyboard realises how much better it is.

Also the surgeons rests - anyone who tries them out agrees they are the best thing going - much better than those stupid gel things.

The worst thing I ever put in my hand was a mouse (and I'd hand some nasty things in my hands...)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here