Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coppout Coppell makes his decision...

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
I'm past caring now. everyone knows deep down he's off.

If he stays I will grow a pair of Bugger Grips like Italia's

Dare I point out that our Chairman took three months to make his mind up and then decided not to appoint Coppell last year?

I feel like I'm banging my head against Guy Butters's breasts here...THERE IS NO LOYALTY IN FOOTBALL. He can do whatever the f*** he wants, he doesn't owe anything to us, the players or DK. Therefore you getting all wound up about it is about as worthwhile as looking for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

xx

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
FatboyTim said:
WE TALK ABOUT LOYALTY, BUT NOT MANY PEOPLE ON HERE ARE SHOWING ANY TOWARDS SIR STEVE ARE THEY?

Nope. If he had any loyalty he wouldn't have gone for two interviews!!

Froggy

Oct 7, 2003
London
chemical brother said:
he doesn't owe anything to us, the players or DK.

xx

he does owe us something, he owes us the remaining 9 months of his 12 months contract!!

i just wish he gets on with it whether he stays or goes i hate it when everyone left in the air about it. this happened 2 years ago with tinselhead and beginning of this season wiv coppell and i can see it happenin now!!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
chemical brother said:
Dare I point out that our Chairman took three months to make his mind up and then decided not to appoint Coppell last year?

I feel like I'm banging my head against Guy Butters's breasts here...THERE IS NO LOYALTY IN FOOTBALL. He can do whatever the f*** he wants, he doesn't owe anything to us, the players or DK. Therefore you getting all wound up about it is about as worthwhile as looking for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

xx

Quite agree.

If he were to stay we would owe him big time.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
How many people on here, if approached and offered the prospect of more money, better conditions and fewer budgetary constraints doing exactly the same job would refuse to consider it?

As the saying goes "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

There appear to be a lot of angels on here!

Jerryatric

Jul 18, 2003
Worthing
If he stays it is one hell of a compliment to us, and he should be commended, not criticised.

So let's wait and see, and stop slating him for something he hasn't yet done.

E.P. Sam

Sep 6, 2003
chemical brother said:

xx

What do you care? You don't support the Albion anyway. You change your football team's more often than your socks!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Actually, I'm under contract. It was three years and it pretty much meant that my employer couldn't get rid of me, and I can't leave them. If my job isn't going well, or I really don't like it, then tough.
How come football contracts aren't like that..? Or perhaps they are... I suppose that's where the compensation issue comes in.

Point is though, I made a commitment.. took a risk if you like... and I feel duty-bound to stick by it.

Albion Rob

It's worth remembering that if he wasn't doing well he would be sacked without a second thought.

The flipside of a lack of loyalty from managers is the fact that chairmen (not ours, I grant you) tend to sack them at the drop of a hat these days.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
E.P. Sam said:
What do you care? You don't support the Albion anyway. You change your football team's more often than your socks!

but he still goes to more matches than u

hmmmm.....

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Coppell is the winner and no one else as he can choose the club of his choice and i feel he is taking the piss big time and should get his head together as its becoming a joke for us and reading.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Coppells astute management has taken us to the top of Div 2 with no money to spend.

The irony is that if we were half way up the division no one would give a toss whether he stayed or left

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
I know there's no such thing as loyalty any more in football, but I had dared to hope that Coppell was different - witness the loyalty he showed to Dean Blackwell after he got injured and his (Coppell's) lack of interest in material possessions that was apparent in the thoughtful series of interviews he gave last (?) year. In my more optimistic moments, I like to think that this is the reason for the delay, or is it just that Reading haven't made a very attractive offer?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here