Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Copied songs..

Basher1980

Apr 11, 2011
why is it that supporters copy other supporters/teams songs.......... some people dont have an imagination anymore...... i hear it at the amex and also hear it whilst watching footie on the box.... does not make sense to me.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Football chants are usually adapted from popular music, a todays music is full of samples and rehashes of other peoples music it only follows - No original pop music ~ no original football songs.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
There's always been an element of copied songs, back in the 1970s absolutely everybody (including Brighton) used to sing You'll never walk alone.

On the subject of new songs I was quite impressed with the people in WSU I block who were singing the tune that I always associate with The Muppets: Da daa da da da! (mer num en a) Da da-da da!

Hard to convey in words but I haven't heard it before!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
On the subject of new songs I was quite impressed with the people in WSU I block who were singing the tune that I always associate with The Muppets: Da daa da da da! (mer num en a) Da da-da da!

Hard to convey in words but I haven't heard it before!

Adam El Abd da da da da da
Adam El Abd da da da da

Watching the sky+'d match from saturday, everytime they said his name that song came into my head

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It's being going on as long as I've been watching footy.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I agree with the OP. It's one thing to rip off a pop song, which requires a modicum of creativity and selectivity. With all the songs in the world, finding and choosing something that works, and possibly rhymes and scans, does involve some skill.

It's another matter to completely rip off some other team's pop song adaptation by merely deleting their team or player name and replacing it with your own.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Adam El Abd da da da da da
Adam El Abd da da da da

Watching the sky+'d match from saturday, everytime they said his name that song came into my head
Oh, THAT'S the Adam El Abd song! Honestly hadn't heard it before.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
why is it that supporters copy other supporters/teams songs.......... some people dont have an imagination anymore...... i hear it at the amex and also hear it whilst watching footie on the box.... does not make sense to me.

I agree with the OP. It's one thing to rip off a pop song, which requires a modicum of creativity and selectivity. With all the songs in the world, finding and choosing something that works, and possibly rhymes and scans, does involve some skill.

It's another matter to completely rip off some other team's pop song adaptation by merely deleting their team or player name and replacing it with your own.

I'm assuming that you've both thought of loads of really good and creative song for us all to sing then?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

99% of football songs are copied from someone else. In any team, in any league, in any country, anywhere in the world.

So get over it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Be good if your lot dont copy our song

Wouldn't it be dreamy if the whole stadium sang it in unison with their own changed lyrics? Then the crowd could do 'Stand Up If You Hate Brighton/Palace' together, what d'ya reckon?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Be good if your lot dont copy our song

Don't worry , you lot can bloody KEEP Glad all over :p

ever other song however is up for grabs as to "who originally started it".. believe there was a decent thread about this not too long ago.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Palace can copy the St Pauli song as a lot of clubs do....but NOBODY...I mean nobody can use 'Sussex by the the Sea'....well maybe Crawley could ...but ...by the Sea....get a life!!!

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

Songs have always been copied.Always.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton

I take it you don't sing "Seagulls!" then? If no one was allowed to use the same tune for songs we would end up having to apply for patents just in case some obscure team in the depths of the southern conference had sung it once. Get over yourself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here