Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Contracts

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Does anyone think that of the 4 or so players to be offered new contracts soon, someone will turn us down?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
No. I think the players will sign. The one I really want is Murray. I've heard a load of old nonsense about
him not making it at a higher level, I think he is the one that could push on to the Premiership.
The way he can control the ball reminds me of Zamora and he seems to be doing OK?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I'd be surprised if any didn't sign because of footballing reasons and I don't think wages will be an issue for Bloom. Better clubs coming in for them would be the main concern.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
This is only my opinion but I think if Gus has a weakness this maybe it.
Last season he said that no decisions will be made until league 1 status had been achieved.
So do the same rules apply this season ie promotion.
Let's hope not.it's a fine line keeping players on their toes & players touting themselves to other clubs
To secure their futures.
I'm not saying it's easy,he either has a budget for the championship or a budget for league 1,
But if you are good enough for the championship you are good enough for league 1.clauses can be put in
dependant on league status surely.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Murray will probably go as when Poyet said recently he can earn exactly what he wants.
Expect him to go to a Championship club but really hope i am wrong.

El Abd will stay for sure.

Dicker not sure about, would like to think he will stay but bigger clubs are alllegedly sniffing around.

Need to get Bridcutt sorted asap, although no one else wanted him before he came here.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I think we can secure all 4, however may need to put in 'get out clauses' for Murray and Bridcutt.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
el abd will stay, purely because no matter how good he has been this season i cant see any club offering anything better than what we can

the others id say is all up in the air - if murray got an offer from say the leeds united, would he really turn it down? we may be moving into a nice new stadium and could be in the championship next year, but there are clubs who are already far more suited to push on and the performances of the likes of dicker, bridcutt and murray are going to have attracted attention this season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here