Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conspiracy theory or something...

Ezekiel Rowe

Apr 23, 2004
There are only 4 refs required for the quarter finals. So why, out of all the referees that are available for Euro 2004 were we given one from a country that was present in our group? not that i'm cynical enough to suggest that Urs Meier was using his power to avenge the Swiss defeat by England...actually, I am......f***ing cheat. Incidentally, while I think about it, when he made the coin toss for which end to use for penalties, he let the coin drop to the floor. Fine. But when he made the toss for who took the first kick he caught the coin...he could have practiced this. Surely some consistancy in his tossing methods is needed before he can even be considered to command such a big game. Please help me.

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
You are righ, surely we could have had someone from whom we didn't play or Portugal did not play.....but then again refs are not supposed to be biased :angry:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
referee.jpg

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
To be honest, I thought the ref generally had a good game, apart from disallowing the Sol Campbell goal. If that goal didn't occur at all, then no one would be complaining about him.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
perth seagull said:
To be honest, I thought the ref generally had a good game, apart from disallowing the Sol Campbell goal. If that goal didn't occur at all, then no one would be complaining about him.

We probably wouldn't be moaning about him quite as much. He is still a shit ref who is not good enough to be in charge of such an important game.

Not sour grapes the morning after-I've seen him in charge of other games and he is crap. I heard somebody on the radio describing him yesterday..."Likes to be the centre of attention and doesn't carry the red and yellow cards in his back pocket because his mirror's kept there". Summed him up nicely for me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here