Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations!

JackFish

Aug 29, 2008
Congratulations from Swansea - three years exactly since we were promoted. You play a similar style to us I believe, and there's no reason why you can't do well next season from what I can see.

Looking forward to visiting your new ground next season if we don't go up, might actually be able to see the game this time :clap2:

p.s. How's Marcos Painter doing? He was great for us in League One but lost his place after injury two seasons ago.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Congratulations from Swansea - three years exactly since we were promoted. You play a similar style to us I believe, and there's no reason why you can't do well next season from what I can see.

Looking forward to visiting your new ground next season if we don't go up, might actually be able to see the game this time :clap2:

p.s. How's Marcos Painter doing? He was great for us in League One but lost his place after injury two seasons ago.

Marcus is Mr Consistency, always plays well, we probably take him for granted as he goes about his job quietly and efficiently. You have shown the blueprint for how to do well keeping the ball on the deck and having the benefit of a new stadium, we hope to follow you!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
when i have seen swansea on the box, they play some great football and if we can do as well as them next season I for one will be well chuffed, much prefer the swans to the wankers down the road in Cardiff....thanks mate

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Cheers, I hope you and Cardiff both stay down.....I don't mean that in a nasty way, its just I live in south Wales so its two easy matches for me to get to.

Painter is amazingly consistant....7/10 EVERY match. An unsung hero if you like.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Oh my god there are 409 pages of posts by ADMIN nobody else just him, is this Davesviews, he was a stokie wasnt he?

EDIT: i should have quoted Brightonfan2011, 409 pages of crap!

Last edited:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Natterjack the Swansea fan :clap:
Taught us how to hate Caerdyff
Swans always welcome at Falmer

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I think Marcos Painter is the best left back I can remember seeing at the club and in many, many other seasons he'd have been a strong contender for player of the season; it's just that this year we've had such an embarrassment of riches. Seriously good player.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

I think Marcos Painter is the best left back I can remember seeing at the club and in many, many other seasons he'd have been a strong contender for player of the season; it's just that this year we've had such an embarrassment of riches. Seriously good player.

Thanks JF. I see a lot of similarities between you lot and ourselves. Hope we can match your achievements.

..and what MoH said.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Mark me down as another appreciator of Swansea on the box. One of the few sides I think we need genuinely fear next year, if they do not sneak up this year.

Congratulations from Swansea

Hey, bugger off Jack - I was here first! :wink:

Congratulations to everyone concerned at BHA :albion2: A magnificent effort and a fully deserved champion. It's great to show again that you don't need to play hoofball to get out of League 1.

What a start to the first season at Falmer :drool:. I've always said the new stadium is far too good for League 1 - next stop Man U and Arsenal? Hopefully

See you all in the Championship first though!

(BTW - thanks to Barry Izbak for all the drunken Aaaallllbioooon text messages late last night :tantrum: (I didn't get them till this morning). It looks like The Station pub was rocking, shame I couldn't be there with you!)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Hey, bugger off Jack - I was here first! :wink:

Congratulations to everyone concerned at BHA :albion2: A magnificent effort and a fully deserved champion. It's great to show again that you don't need to play hoofball to get out of League 1.

What a start to the first season at Falmer :drool:. I've always said the new stadium is far too good for League 1 - next stop Man U and Arsenal? Hopefully

See you all in the Championship first though!

(BTW - thanks to Barry Izbak for all the drunken Aaaallllbioooon text messages late last night :tantrum: (I didn't get them till this morning). It looks like The Station pub was rocking, shame I couldn't be there with you!)

Cheers for your text last night. Lovely to see you're still thinking of us... :kiss:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Only in jest, to someone I know well who used to take the piss out of me regularly for working in Brighton - certainly not to offend or be taken out of context mate.

Chill and enjoy the promotion party - you all deserve it

I wasn't offended at all. I thought you might be back to test out your handywork (per se), not that I am offering! :jester:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea

Cheers fella.

Yes we are emulating your style (which we are all delighted with) and are having the times of our lives!!! Cant wait to get back to The Cham'ship in our shiny new home.

Marcos is doing a great job. He has been a rock at LB and is part of a great defensive unit that has formed the bedrock of our campaign.

Sounds like he was unlucky with that injury at Swans.

Hope you go up but if not see you at The Amex!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here