Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations from Plymouth!

Wottons Right Boot

Dec 31, 2010
Sorry to fill up your board with congratulatory messages, but i just wanted to say congratulations on your promotion. You've thoroughly deserved it and have pretty much run away with it since September. As much as i dislike Ashley Barnes it's great to see him filling his potential and i'm over the moon for Nooney! Deserves to be playing Championship football and he's finally back there with you.

I reckon you lot will do great next year. Brilliant young manager, well run club, new stadium and a squad filled with talent. I'm sure none of you want to get ahead of yourselves, but I reckon you've got what it takes to do what Norwich and Leeds have done!

Once again congratulations! I hope Nooney continues improving for you and best of luck for next year! (All aboard the Gus Bus The Third Half)

With any luck if we pull off the great escape this year, we may join you in two years time up there!

:clap:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
No need to apologise. Thanks very much for best wishes. Good luck with the rebuilding of your club in the future. Noone's been a revelation, we're looking forward to seeing how Gus can refine that raw talent he has.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What did Barnes do ( before his goal celebrations down there) that pisses off so many Plymouth fans?

Wottons Right Boot

Dec 31, 2010
What did Barnes do ( before his goal celebrations down there) that pisses off so many Plymouth fans?

It was just his whole attitude. I have no issue with players being determined to play as much as possible, but he was just prone to little hissy fits and snide actions whenever he wasn't in the lineup. He was always full of potential but it seems as if it wasn't quite exploited until he moved to Brighton.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
thanx Wottons Right Boot ...and good luck with the rest of season, im sure if you go down you will bounce straight up

Wottons Right Boot

Dec 31, 2010
Thanks c0lz, i'd like to think we will too, but with our lack of money and players being out of contract it may be a few years before we're back in the higher divisions. Oh well, through thick and thin!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It was just his whole attitude. I have no issue with players being determined to play as much as possible, but he was just prone to little hissy fits and snide actions whenever he wasn't in the lineup. He was always full of potential but it seems as if it wasn't quite exploited until he moved to Brighton.

I think its just down to his age, we have seen flashes of that when being subbed, but I think Gus has worked hard with him, to get him to channel those feelings into his game, so all he needed is/was good man-management. Been decent for us, 14 goals in 37 I think ? Only young so will improve, finds himself in the right positions alot of the time too

Wottons Right Boot

Dec 31, 2010
I think its just down to his age, we have seen flashes of that when being subbed, but I think Gus has worked hard with him, to get him to channel those feelings into his game, so all he needed is/was good man-management. Been decent for us, 14 goals in 37 I think ? Only young so will improve, finds himself in the right positions alot of the time too

Like i said, he has always shown potential, it's just the smaller parts of his game, especially his attitude that needed some managing. He seems to found his feet at Brighton after having some faith put in him. He was stuck behind a list of players at Argyle that got far too many chances and unfortunately, we let one of our best young talents go, to the benefit of Brighton. Will certainly be interesting to see how he does in the CCC this time around though.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Like i said, he has always shown potential, it's just the smaller parts of his game, especially his attitude that needed some managing. He seems to found his feet at Brighton after having some faith put in him. He was stuck behind a list of players at Argyle that got far too many chances and unfortunately, we let one of our best young talents go, to the benefit of Brighton. Will certainly be interesting to see how he does in the CCC this time around though.

He does seem a bit spiky with his attitude, (BIG bottom lip came out with his celebration for getting the winner at Oldham a few weeks ago), but his goalscoring record is excellent, and he creates a lot of chances for others too. Can he make the step up to the Championship? Only time will tell.

Nooney is a real crowd pleaser, can be frustrating, but it goes with the territory for players of his style.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Cheers mate.
Hopefully Plymouth fans can take some heart in our position at the moment. We've been where you are now, and now we're on our way back to the top.
It'll take some time, but I've got no doubt you'll be back up where you belong in a few years time.
Really am hoping you guys escape the drop somehow this season. Good luck with the rest of your run-in :thumbsup:

Wottons Right Boot

Dec 31, 2010
Nooney is a real crowd pleaser, can be frustrating, but it goes with the territory for players of his style.

Noone is just amazing, i love the guy. He gave 110% for us every week even though it was inevitable that he would leave. He'll just keep getting better.

Cheers mate.
Hopefully Plymouth fans can take some heart in our position at the moment. We've been where you are now, and now we're on our way back to the top.
It'll take some time, but I've got no doubt you'll be back up where you belong in a few years time.
Really am hoping you guys escape the drop somehow this season. Good luck with the rest of your run-in :thumbsup:

Indeed. You guys are a great example that just because we're struggling it doesn't mean its the end for us. We're the biggest city to never hit the top-flight, but as a club we have everything we need to get there. Facilities, youth setup, fan base. It's all there, we just need some money to help us push up through the leagues.

Thanks a lot and i really hope we do it too, Sir Peter Reid deserves it and so do all the players.

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
Noone is just amazing, i love the guy. He gave 110% for us every week even though it was inevitable that he would leave. He'll just keep getting better.

Indeed. You guys are a great example that just because we're struggling it doesn't mean its the end for us. We're the biggest city to never hit the top-flight, but as a club we have everything we need to get there. Facilities, youth setup, fan base. It's all there, we just need some money to help us push up through the leagues.

Thanks a lot and i really hope we do it too, Sir Peter Reid deserves it and so do all the players.

Disagree with quite a lot of that actually Wotts, we DON'T have the facilities, we DON'T have the youth set-up, the fanbase is all too quick to desert the team when the going gets even remotely tough and the less said about money the better!!!!.

Albion weren't bankrolled to any excessive degree, they had a sh1t ground but very loyal fans and a sense of unity and it's that we need to (Steve) Foster.

We need to strip the club back to basics and build in a sustainable fashion, anyone promising to throw money at us should be kept beyond arms length right now.

14th biggest city in the UK should have us lower mid-table in the Premiership but it doesn't work like that. The attitude isn't right, the mentality isn't right, far too much Sky is watched in pubs down 'ome, far too many MUFC and Chelski shirts and not enough local pride. Brighton have always impressed me with their support, both in terms of gates and the wider community up here, I think we sold out about two games on return to the CCC, they're on course to sell out each week for a comparable sized stadia and in a much harsher financial climate.

We'll be back (assuming one of the bids succeeds with a CVA) but we need to fall back in love with football in Plymouth before we'll ever challenge Albion again ona football pitch, it could be a long long time.

I echo the congratulations guys and all the very best for next season, you'll need to beef up a bit mind, think your cup game at Stoke but almost each and every week.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Sorry to fill up your board with congratulatory messages, but i just wanted to say congratulations on your promotion. You've thoroughly deserved it and have pretty much run away with it since September. As much as i dislike Ashley Barnes it's great to see him filling his potential and i'm over the moon for Nooney! Deserves to be playing Championship football and he's finally back there with you.

I reckon you lot will do great next year. Brilliant young manager, well run club, new stadium and a squad filled with talent. I'm sure none of you want to get ahead of yourselves, but I reckon you've got what it takes to do what Norwich and Leeds have done!

Once again congratulations! I hope Nooney continues improving for you and best of luck for next year! (All aboard the Gus Bus The Third Half)

With any luck if we pull off the great escape this year, we may join you in two years time up there!

:clap:

Top man! (Assuming you are not a woman, of course).

Given all your on-going troubles,your taking the time to congratulate us is appreciated. I sincerely hope your troubles can be resolved swiftly and satisfactorily. Good luck for the run-in.

Regards Nooney: what a cracking lad he is! Great player but a great personality too. Plenty of decent touchline banter with the fans and seems a solid pro'. Can see why he's popular down your way.

Anyway, best of luck...lets hope Peter Reid can pull off a miracle for you!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here